View Full Version : Kids TV Shows

Karried
06-06-2007, 08:25 PM
I remember Saturday mornings as a child..

We absolutely loved watching our shows all morning long..

I know I'm going to age myself here.. and yes, we did have TV's that long ago!

Some of my favorites..

Lost in Space

Go Speedracer Go

Casper the Friendly Ghost

Fat Albert

The Jetsons

Richie Rich

Underdog

But my all time favorite ever...

Land of the Lost

(Who could ever forget those special effects??

So realistic, so riveting... I was glued to the TV for hours) lol

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9121/slatchjk9.jpg http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8174/hollydopeykn0.jpghttp://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6089/chakaln8.jpg

What were your favorites?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-07-2007, 01:34 AM
CHAKA!

I miss the Great Space Coaster.

PUGalicious
06-07-2007, 04:45 AM
• Bugs Bunny and friends

• Superfriends

• Laugh-a-lympics

• Go Speedracer Go

• Fat Albert

• The Jetsons

• Richie Rich

• Underdog

• Pink Panther

Martin
06-07-2007, 05:24 AM
hr puffnstuff?

-M

Karried
06-07-2007, 06:24 AM
How could I forget..

Elmer Fudd, Roadrunner, Wiley Coyote and Bugs?

(What was that big chicken - rooster that walked around?)

I learned all about firearms and explosive devices through these educational cartoons.... and our kids got Barney, the purple dinosaur.

Martin
06-07-2007, 06:26 AM
foghorn leghorn?

-M

Karried
06-07-2007, 06:29 AM
:busterbun Yes!! That's it... I wonder why I couldn't remember that? Giant white chickens should have a name like that.

Easy180
06-07-2007, 07:10 AM
I remember watching Bozo the Clown every morning on WGN...Laughing at the idiot kids that couldn't get a ball in more than one pail in the Grand Prize Game

Even more funny was the dorks that couldn't even get it in the first one even though you could just reach down and place the ping pong ball in the pail

We always laughed at the horrible prizes they gave away...Get a ball in every pail and you get a...............Little red wagon thing filled with crap no kid would want

Intrepid
06-07-2007, 07:11 AM
Looney Tunes (Bugs, Roadrunner, et al) is/are my favorite cartoon(s) of all time!

I also watched G.I. Joe and Transformers (can't wait for the live action movie opening on July 4th)

Intrepid
06-07-2007, 07:13 AM
I remember watching Bozo the Clown every morning on WGN...Laughing at the idiot kids that couldn't get a ball in more than one pail in the Grand Prize Game

Even more funny was the dorks that couldn't even get it in the first one even though you could just reach down and place the ping pong ball in the pail

We always laughed at the horrible prizes they gave away...Get a ball in every pail and you get a...............Little red wagon thing filled with crap no kid would want

I forgot all about Bozo!

I need a drink now. I'm old. :(

Karried
06-07-2007, 07:14 AM
A drink?

How about Prune juice ?? lol

Intrepid
06-07-2007, 07:16 AM
A drink?

How about Prune juice ?? lol

Bleh!

I was thinking of something a bit stronger! lol

Karried
06-07-2007, 07:16 AM
okay, prune juice with a splash of vodka ..ewwww

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-07-2007, 07:31 AM
I also watched G.I. Joe and Transformers (can't wait for the live action movie opening on July 4th)

I've had to shield my eyes in the last 3 movies I've gone to see in order to NOT see all the Transformer CGI goodness during the previews.

/can't wait

Intrepid
06-07-2007, 07:55 AM
I've had to shield my eyes in the last 3 movies I've gone to see in order to NOT see all the Transformer CGI goodness during the previews.

/can't wait

For me, watching previews, learning details of a movie prior to it's release has NEVER affected me that way. I WANT to know the various small details. I get's me even more excited for the movie. Granted, when the trailers go overboard and practically show the entire movie, that's where I draw the line.

So, with that said, I've been watching the Transformers trailers and have been keeping up with the in's and out's since it was announced that Spielberg was Exec Prod, nearly two years ago.

But that's just me. I completely understand the other point of view.

Karried
06-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Less than a month to go! I can't wait to see that movie.... of course, when the kids were younger, they had each and every transformer made. Which I had to help them build so I'm sort of fond of them..of course over the years, the pieces have all been mixed in with Legos etc and most are unrecognizable but I'll never forget OptimusPrime...

I can't wait for this movie!!!