View Full Version : Urban Neighbors June Social

Misty
06-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Urban Neighbors, Downtown's Neighborhood Association, will be having our June social at the Skirvin Hilton in the Honors Lounge Thursday the 14th from 5:00 P.M.-7:00 P.M. There will be complimentary appetizers, courtesy of the Skirvin, with a cash bar. Our featured guest will be Alison Oshel, Director of Community Redevelopment for the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce. She will be discussing the future of a small, specialty grocery store downtown. Here is a link to the e-vite as well. I hope you can join us!

Evite - Login to your account or register to send free online invitations and promote public events. (http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/viewInvite.jsp?inviteId=BLSGZAKOHRRBWXRXAFZF)

Turanacus
06-05-2007, 03:37 PM
do you want us to live downtown to attend, i plan on buying a loft @ maywood but i'm going to wait until phase 2. it could be 8 to 14 months before they get started on the construction.

Misty
06-05-2007, 03:41 PM
You do not have to be a downtown resident to attend, friends of downtown and future downtown residents are welcome as well!

Misty
06-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Just a reminder that our social at the Skirvin is tomorrow, I hope that many of you can join us! I'm anxious to hear what Alison has to tell us about the future of a grocery store. Anyone is welcome and you do not have to be a member to attend the socials.

metro
06-13-2007, 04:34 PM
See you tomorrow Misty.

bandnerd
06-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Aw I have to go help with a Pampered Chef party :( When will the next social be? And can you post information that is shared at this social here later so those of us who can't make it can know what's going on?

I'd love to know what's going on with a small, specialty grocery store! :)

Misty
06-14-2007, 08:43 AM
The socials are held the second Thursday of each month. Next month will be at Legacy at Arts Quarter July 12th. I'll post an update tomorrow morning to let everyone know what Alison says!

jbrown84
06-14-2007, 09:19 AM
I won't be able to get there until 6:00 if I come.

Misty
06-14-2007, 09:21 AM
I hope you can make it, I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Misty
06-14-2007, 03:57 PM
It's 5:00, close up the office and come to the Skirvin! Hope to see many of you there.

Doug Loudenback
06-14-2007, 06:55 PM
VERY nice SRO meeting this afternoon, Misty! That lady Alison Oshel really seems to know her stuff! Very nice presentation by her on the potential/possibilities for a downtown grocery ... she really knows her details and articulates them well. If the other people in the Chamber are as half as sharp as she is, Okc has a very good Chamber of Commerce!

Keep up the good work!

jbrown84
06-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Sorry I didn't make it. Had a very tiring day at work.

metro
06-15-2007, 08:06 AM
Had a great time last night, most of the news was old news, but as Doug said, Allison is really articulate, sharp, and knows her details. She represents Oklahoma City well. She did mention that they have worked with most local grocers to gauge their interest in a smaller, more boutique style urban market (ie: Buy For Less, Crest, etc.). More than likely (and I agree) that it will take a local urban pioneer to have the vision for a small urban market rather than a Whole Foods or other larger organic market. WF has publicly said that they will not pioneer an urban store without first having a suburban market presence in that same market. All in all it was a GREAT meeting last night, great attendance, great food ala the Skirvin, excellent location (Skirvin Hotel), and great networking. Several major downtown developers and players were there, which is encouraging, being that they didn't care to show up to the previous Downtown Residents Association.

Misty
06-15-2007, 08:44 AM
It was a great event, thanks to all who attended! The next social will be July 12 at Legacy at Art's Quarter. We have several places that have asked to host socials, so if anyone out there wants to host a social let me know ASAP so we can put you on the list before it gets too long!

Doug Loudenback
06-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Sorry that I missed you, Metro ... I was looking for you! Bad eyes on my part, for sure!