View Full Version : Willie Bracklein Benefit Show

kmf563
06-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Willie Bracklein Benefit, Memorial Show feat. Hush Hush Commotion, 2AM & The Surely Method this Friday night at 7pm in the Bricktown Ballroom. It's only $7 and is an all ages show.

William Edward (Willy) Bracklein, age 18, died accidentally on Sunday (May 20, 2007) in his sleep.

He was born Nov. 6, 1988, in Oklahoma City and grew up in the Mustang/Yukon area where he attended Mustang Trails Elementary and Mustang North Middle School. He graduated from Mustang High School on May 18 of this year.

An avid musician, Willy wrote music and played guitar and bass for an Indie-style rock band, The Surely Method. The band recently won A Fight for Fame: Statewide Battle-of-the-Bands and was slated to perform at The House of Blues in Las Vegas, Nev. As a close friend describes, "Willy was one of the greatest boys I have ever met, he always knew how to make me smile."

Willy was preceded in death by his grandfathers, Francis Lapointe, Fritz Bracklein and an uncle, Robert James Lapointe.

Survivors include his mother, Amy Lapointe, and partner, Rodney Horner; his father, Scott Bracklein and wife, Brenda, and stepfather, Neil Meixl. Willy is also survived by his sister, Jessy May; and brother, James; maternal grandmother, Betty Lou Lapointe; paternal grandparents, Lyle and Shirley Sharping; 10 aunts and uncles and 26 cousins.

A rosary and wake service were held on May 23, and a funeral Mass was held on May 24 at Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Mustang, Okla.

Memorials can be made to the "Willy Bracklein Memorial Fund" at Yukon National Bank, 401 Elm St., Yukon, OK 73099. Cards may be mailed to Amy Lapointe, 12304 N.W. 10th St., Yukon, OK 73099.

Online condolences may be made at McNeil's Mustang Funeral Service (http://www.mcneilsmustangfs.com).

Karried
06-05-2007, 10:47 AM
How Tragic...

He was so young.. how does one die accidently in his sleep at that age? Did he have an illness?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-06-2007, 12:54 AM
How Tragic...

He was so young.. how does one die accidently in his sleep at that age? Did he have an illness?

No kidding...?

Sleepwalking?

Ephedra before sleep?

Clowns?

kmf563
06-06-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm really not comfortable discussing his death in itself, that is for his family to share. I just really want people to realize that life is short and we shouldn't take it for granted. Sometimes bad things just happen, even to good people. This kid was incredibly talented and smart. His friends say he was the one full of laughter and smiles, always there to help his friends out. It's just a tragedy and we need to mourn his death by celebrating life. That's what he would have wanted. The benefit show is to help his family pay for all of the unexpected costs from his death.

Martin
06-06-2007, 08:10 AM
hmmm... mustang times (http://mustangtimes.blogspot.com/2007/05/young-musician-dies-carol-brimm-willy.html) stated on may 23 that the medical examiner had not released a cause of death at that time, though the death didn't look suspicious. i'm curious myself...

-M

Easy180
06-06-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm really not comfortable discussing his death in itself, that is for his family to share. I just really want people to realize that life is short and we shouldn't take it for granted. Sometimes bad things just happen, even to good people. This kid was incredibly talented and smart. His friends say he was the one full of laughter and smiles, always there to help his friends out. It's just a tragedy and we need to mourn his death by celebrating life. That's what he would have wanted. The benefit show is to help his family pay for all of the unexpected costs from his death.

Nice to see those quality bands stepping up to help out

RedRayEntertainment
06-12-2007, 09:41 AM
After setting up this show from start to finish with a good friend Brad from Verticaleap Entertainment it was a great success. We thank all of the tremendously talented bands who came out to play and support this cause and help us raise 1,030$!!!

kmf563
06-12-2007, 09:57 AM
That is awesome! I have been waiting to hear what the totals were. Thanks for the information. And thank you and Brad, and all the guys that performed for holding this event. It's great to see good people step up and help others when needed.