View Full Version : "We need more ‘attacks on American soil’ so people appreciate Bush"

PUGalicious
06-04-2007, 03:59 PM
The outrageous quote of the day (week? month? year???) comes from the new chairman of the Arkansas Republican Party, Dennis Milligan, in an interview with the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/191942):

“At the end of the day, I believe fully the president is doing the right thing, and I think all we need is some attacks on American soil like we had on [Sept. 11, 2001 ], and the naysayers will come around very quickly to appreciate not only the commitment for President Bush, but the sacrifice that has been made by men and women to protect this country."

The tragic death of 3,000-plus Americans will help us appreciate this president? You would hope that it wouldn't take such a horrific event for a president to inspire appreciation. Is that supposed to be an endorsement or an indictment of this president's record?

SpectralMourning
06-05-2007, 01:04 AM
What a monster. While I'm sure he took himself out of context, that should be a career-ending quote. It also pisses me off when these j/o's say that we don't appreciate the sacrifices of those that protect us. What a lame argument as I don't know a single person who doesn't support the troops. Every single word in that article is pathetic.

Another thing people should also consider is that it's our duty as citizens to be extremely critical of our government and its leaders. Both parties don't seem to grasp that idea as it's bad for politics and business. Screw these morons.

Easy180
06-05-2007, 07:15 AM
Well at least he didn't say "We need more Katrina's to appreciate Bush's commitment" :fighting3

jbrown84
06-05-2007, 08:14 AM
:omg: