View Full Version : Vitech Systems to open office in OKC

betts
06-02-2007, 04:42 PM
"NEW YORK, June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Vitech Systems Group, Inc. (Vitech), a leading provider of enterprise software solutions to group benefit administrators and alternative asset organizations, announced today that it will be opening a new software development center and national training facility in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The company's consistent growth has caused it to look outside of its headquarters city of New York for both employees and facilities according to company president Frank Vitiello. The company's new office, located at 50 Penn Place, will open before the end of June and will ultimately accommodate 40 full-time employees and house a 50 seat training facility. The company has already hired 15 employees in Oklahoma City to staff the new office. "Through client work we already do in Oklahoma City we have found it to have an exceptional pool of technologists to tap into and to be a business friendly environment," said Vitiello. "

This is a small company, but it's nice to see we are their first choice outside of NYC, and that they feel we have an "exceptional pool of techologists".

Doug Loudenback
06-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks, betts! Yes, that's very nice news.

soonerborn
06-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Yes, it's encouraging to see that employers are beginning to realize that there is an extensive educated work force ready and waiting in OKC. As we all know, too many college grads from Oklahoma have had to leave the state to find substantial employment opportunities.

Karried
06-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Sweet! It is a great compliment to be chosen.

I always wonder about the people who may get transferred. On one hand, they certainly get more for their money in housing.. but on the other.. from New York to Oklahoma might be a little different lifestyle.

soonerborn
06-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Sweet! It is a great compliment to be chosen.

I always wonder about the people who may get transferred. On one hand, they certainly get more for their money in housing.. but on the other.. from New York to Oklahoma might be a little different lifestyle.

I can remember a ton of "yankees" moving to Oklahoma in the oil boom years and it was an eye opening experience. I was working in retail at the time and had never spent a lot of time around folks from the east coast. My initial encounters with them were negative, but I learned that their loud and pushy nature was just part of their socialization. Once I got to know them, there were great folks!

jbrown84
06-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Great news. I'm glad to see that it's not incentives, but just a positive experience of doing business here that attracted them.

AND, they're going to 50 Penn instead of someplace out in a field. That's refreshing.

Kerry
06-04-2007, 03:54 PM
This should help the OKC to NYC route on Continental