View Full Version : Need a gym

appledeco
06-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Hello,

I'm new to the board and am wanting to get in shape. I'm considering joining a gym and taking classes (most likely spinning classes). I'm pretty far north, around Memorial. Can anyone recommend a fitness center to me? Thanks!

Karried
06-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Have you tried Transformations on Kelly a few blocks North of Memorial. I like it. It's pretty reasonable but usually swamped in the mornings.

appledeco
06-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Someone rec'd them to me before. I know they don't have a website so I wasn't sure if they had spinning classes. I'll most likely be going after work. Thanks for the rec!

Midtowner
06-03-2007, 07:24 PM
The Edmond YMCAs are fairly nice. There's a newer one off of Santa Fe somewhere.

John
06-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Pinnacle Fitness up by Hobby Lobby is pretty good. I have a few friends with memberships there.

Pinnacle Fitness & Training (http://pinnaclefitnessokc.net/)

LM401
06-11-2007, 03:53 PM
I love Transformation. I don't think they have a website. They do have spinning classes on Monday and Wed at 6:00 pm. Also, they have other morning classes and Sat. morning. If interested, they also have a nice choice of other group fitness classes. I recommend Cardio Boot Camp on Thurs. with Rodney. In addition, you do not have to sign a contract, you can go month to month and cancel whenever you want. They usually give a few days free to try it out before you sign up.

actionman
06-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Get a plan together of what you want to do and how you want to do it BEFORE you join any gym. Don't rely on the gym to help you lose weight or get in shape. Make the plan to lose weight and get in shape, and then the gym and everything will support it.

Too many join gyms and that becomes the center of their health goals. It should just be one of the supports for the plan, not the center.

Jonboyinget
06-29-2007, 01:38 PM
If your on Memorial Rd. there is the Adams Course which is on Kelly Ave. which is an ok place. But if you don't mind a bit of a crowd Aspen Athletic is on Danforth and Bryant about a 10 minute drive, and they have trainers and classes for most conditioning.