View Full Version : Concertgoers?

Pages : [1] 2

Easy180
05-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Haven't seen a thread on concerts...What are the last three concerts you attended and any coming up...Little info on them if they aren't well known

(Not counting one's you were dragged to by your significant other) :poke:

1- Martin Sexton at House of Blues in Dallas...Singer songwriter

2- Gov't Mule at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa....Southern rock/Guitar heavy

3- Widespread Panic at Brady Theater in Tulsa...Jam Band similar to Grateful Dead and Phish

Heading to the Wakarusa Festival in Lawrence, KS in 2 weeks to see Widespread and others and the Austin City Limits Festival in Sept to see Wilco, Spoon and My Morning Jacket

Matt
05-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Last three:

Autumn Defense (Wilco side project) at The Opolis in Norman in February

Jeff Tweedy (Wilco singer) at Cain's in Tulsa in January

The Flaming Lips at the Zoo Ampitheatre in OKC in September

-----

I'd love to go to the ACL Festival. Don't know if I will or not. Great lineup. Huge Wilco fan here. I'm hoping, as in previous years, that they'll also have some other dates around here during that same time--like in OKC or Tulsa, or maybe Dallas.

Don't know what my next show is--maybe the Lips show up in Tulsa at the end of July. We'll see.

Misty
05-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Pinky & The Snakeshakers at the Paseo Arts Festival
Burden Brothers at Conservatory
Jack Ingram at the Wormy Dog

I have ACL tickets too, I haven't decided if I'm going yet. I sold my tickets last year, but went the year before that. Guess what, I won the lottery and got mine for $50 each! I had a friend working one of the sound stages a few years ago so I got some shade and lots of free water. If it's 100+ degrees it is BRUTAL if you don't have some shade somewhere and you spend a fortune on water. It's by far THE best festival I've ever attended. Clean, tons of port-a-potties, food/beer tents set up well. Always good music.

Easy180
05-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Flaming Lips are going to be at the Dfest in Tulsa right?

Ashamed to say I haven't seen them live yet so I need to make it to that since Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey is also there...Used to watch them all the time when I lived in Tulsa

Easy180
05-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Pinky & The Snakeshakers at the Paseo Arts Festival
Burden Brothers at Conservatory
Jack Ingram at the Wormy Dog

I have ACL tickets too, I haven't decided if I'm going yet. I sold my tickets last year, but went the year before that. Guess what, I won the lottery and got mine for $50 each! I had a friend working one of the sound stages a few years ago so I got some shade and lots of free water. If it's 100+ degrees it is BRUTAL if you don't have some shade somewhere and you spend a fortune on water. It's by far THE best festival I've ever attended. Clean, tons of port-a-potties, food/beer tents set up well. Always good music.

Sounds good...Never been to the ACL, but am making it my annual guy's trip this year...Could do w/o the heat and Bob Dylan though

Maybe we will get lucky and it will only be in the 90's

Misty...Are the beer and food prices pretty outrageous?

kmf563
05-29-2007, 11:23 AM
What are we classifying as concerts here? I would call the above listings as shows or gigs where as a concert to me would be something a bit larger at say the ford center, zoo amp, lloyd noble, etc.

Easy180
05-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Not real particular kmf...Just any you would like to share

Since you are a music promoter would be interested to know what concerts or gigs you have attended lately (above the local scene)

kmf563
05-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Outside of the local scene? Ok - I don't have my calendar with me so I'll share the last 3 I remember! ha.

Armor For Sleep/Taking Back Sunday/Underoath at the Lloyd Noble Center
( I promoted this show and did a review for Armor For Sleep )

The All American Rejects/The Format/The Starting Line/Gym Class Heroes - Ford Center ( This was for my son )

The only other people I can think of from out of town have been The Vehicle Reason, Soular, Plainview, The Hero Factor, and Kill Hannah.

As for the next 3 that I will go to -
Tomorrow I'll be at the Boys Like Girls/Hellogoodbye show since I helped with that one, next month I'll go see Sherwood since I am promoting that one too, and I believe Soular is playing with Luma, and The Vehicle Reason will be coming back through. Keith Urban is coming up too. Stevie Nicks. Ben Harper maybe. Dave Matthews in Texas. Of course I'll be at Dfest both days. That's way more than 3 huh. LOL.

That's not even mentioning how many times I will go see the locals like Aranda, Lemma, 2am, Aaron Newman, Gabriel Marshall, Rocky Kanaga, Shane Henry, Luma, Albert Aguilar, Hannah Wolf, Resident Funk, and whoever else I am forgetting!!!!

whew. yes, I stay busy.

OkieKAS
05-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Last three....ummm....I went to the Evanesence concert this year. Ford Center. Prior to that I attended a concert by Zac Maloy, who was one of the originals from the band Nixon's, who originated in Norman, and Tool, this year. Dollar 98 is a band from Chickasha, and I used to catch them @ Benton's in Chix.

I am a diehard OZZY fan, and only attended one concert of his in Oklahoma, the rest is in Dallas/San Antonio. I just bought his Black Rain CD and this year Ozzfest is FREE. But will have to catch him, again, in TX.

Easy180
05-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Alright we have a rocker among us :rock_guit

OkieKAS
05-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Stevie Nicks May 30, 2007
Wednesday, 7:30 PM OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

Heart Jun 1, 2007
Friday, 7:30 PM OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

Chicago
with America Jul 3, 2007
Tuesday, 7:30 PM OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

Lyle Lovett
with k.d. lang Jul 7, 2007
Saturday, 7:30 PM OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

Poison
with RATT Jul 14, 2007
Saturday, TBA OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

Snow Patrol Aug 1, 2007
Wednesday, 7:30 PM OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

ZZ Top
with The Pretenders Aug 3, 2007
Friday, 5:30 PM OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

Def Leppard
with Styx Sep 5, 2007
Wednesday, 7:00 PM OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

OkieKAS
05-29-2007, 01:31 PM
should I say..........Zakk Wylde ?
Randy Rhoads? Dime?
Heaven should Rock!
Sister by the Nixon's and Oz's See You on the Other Side - were both played at my sweet Les' funeral services.
I can see my precious Leslie, now, in Rock Heaven, listening to RR and DB, Janis, Kurt Jim & Jimi.....NOW.... that is a concert. :)

Misty
05-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Easy180-the beer & food prices are ok, same as any event in Austin. I think it's about $5 a beer and food averages $6-7 bucks per meal. MAKE SURE you go to Baby A's (on Barton Springs road, you'll walk by it heading into Zilker) and have a purple margarita. Chuy's (on the same street) has great tex-mex and the best queso in the world. When you get really hot you can walk across the street to Barton Springs to cool off:

City of Austin - Parks and Recreation Department: Barton Springs (http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/bartonsprings.htm)

jbrown84
05-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Armor For Sleep/Taking Back Sunday/Underoath at the Lloyd Noble Center
( I promoted this show and did a review for Armor For Sleep )

The All American Rejects/The Format/The Starting Line/Gym Class Heroes - Ford Center ( This was for my son )

I was at both of those!

and Angels & Airwaves at the CocaCola Events Center.

kmf563
05-29-2007, 02:42 PM
I was at both of those!

and Angels & Airwaves at the CocaCola Events Center.

Yep. I was at that one too.

I've got a ton of Armor For Sleep stickers left over - need them for any kind of photo art project?? LOL. I need to drop more off at the music stores for them.

Misty
05-29-2007, 02:55 PM
June shows I recommend:
Bruce Robison June 15th at the Wormy Dog
Guy Forsyth (I love Guy) at the Blue Door June 23rd

kmf563
05-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Misty, is guy by himself?

Misty
05-29-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure, I just saw it listed on the Blue Door website.
index (http://www.bluedoorokc.com/)

I like smaller shows, they are more intimate and you actually get to see/hear the artist. I'm not a big fan of big shows in huge arenas, outdoor evening shows are my favorite!

kmf563
05-29-2007, 03:51 PM
I don't like the big concerts either. I only go to those when I am helping promote them for the artists. I for some reason haven't been able to get into the shows at the blue door though. I don't like their pricing, or bringing my own drink. I've only been there once though - shane henry/tony lucca/ernie halter. That was a fantastic show!

okiemom
05-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Just came back from this one.

Country Thunder
Waxahachie/Ennis, TX
May 24,25,26 27, 2007

About to go to this one
Country Fever
Pryor, OK
June 7,8,9,10 2007

Before Country Thunder, I think my last concert was George Strait at the Ford Center.

Before that, Country Fever 2006.

okiemom
05-29-2007, 08:07 PM
For all you rock fans

The First Annual Rock Fever

ROCKLAHOMA BECOMES WORLDWIDE PHENOMENA
PRYOR, OK --- With ticket sales reaching across six continents, Rocklahoma has become a worldwide phenomena.

“The eyes of the world are on Rocklahoma,” said Mark Nuessle, General Manager of Catch the Fever Music Festivals. “Rocklahoma has struck a chord that has reverberated around the globe. We have sold tickets to ‘80’s rock fans in all 50 states and across six continents. Rocklahoma has literally become one of the largest music festivals in the world.”

Twenty-three bands are scheduled to play during the three-day festival, making Rocklahoma the largest ‘80’s rock festival of its kind to be organized. Two weeks ago, when Twisted Sister was announced as Rocklahoma’s headliner, word spread like wildfire via satellite radio and the World Wide Web. Rocklahoma’s draw is most likely a combination of the bands’ talents and the sheer number of bands playing at the event, said Dave Giencke, Director of Operations for Catch the Fever Music Festivals.

“The worldwide ticket sales we are seeing with Rocklahoma show the power these bands have held on to over all these years. One of these bands would sell-out an arena in the ‘80’s. They left their fans wanting more. Now those fans are lining up to be a part of history when, for the first time, all these bands are coming together to play in one setting,” Giencke said.

With VH-1 Classic Host, Eddie Trunk, as Master of Ceremonies, Rocklahoma’s three-day line-up is:

Friday (July 13, 2007)

Poison, Ratt, Quiet Riot, Slaughter,Y&T, and White Lion

Saturday (July 14, 2007)

Vince Neil, Dokken, Winger, Skid Row, Warrant, Firehouse, Enuff Z Nuff, Faster *****cat, Bulletboys and Bang Tango

Sunday (July 15, 2007)

Twisted Sister, W.A.S.P., Jackyl, Great White, LA Guns, Steelheart and Britny Fox

Ticket sales around the world are making Rocklahoma one of the most successful events of Oklahoma’s Centennial Celebration as ‘80’s rock fans will converge on the state from locations as far away as Japan, Australia and South Africa.

“I said early-on that Rocklahoma would exceed all attendance expectations but there was no way of knowing Rocklahoma’s draw would reach so far,” said Giencke. “This will be an incredible three days of music with an incredible audience. Anyone who wants to witness history had better already have their tickets or get them now.”

ROCKLAHOMA, an official Oklahoma Centennial event presented by Rock Fever and Miller Lite, will be held July 13-15, 2007, at the Catch the Fever Festival Grounds four miles north of Pryor, OK just off highway 69.

Tickets to ROCKLAHOMA are on sale and available by calling toll free (866) 310-2288 or online at Rocklahoma 2007 , Pryor OK - July 13th-15th (http://www.rockfeverfest.com). Tickets are:

One Day General Admission

$ 40.00 plus handling fees and tax

Three Days General Admission

$ 90.00 plus handling fees and tax

VIP Tickets

(Good all three days, reserved seating, and all the beer and food you can eat)

$ 275.00 plus handling fees and tax

Rocklahoma 2007 , Pryor OK - July 13th-15th (http://www.rockfeverfest.com/)

Misty
05-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Holy mullet fest batman! I loved these bands back in the day.

Easy180
05-30-2007, 07:38 AM
It would be worth it just to see the crowd...Better people watching than the fair and that's pretty scary

Running across 10,000 Boz's can't ever be a good thing

jbrown84
05-30-2007, 08:26 AM
That's good PR for Oklahoma. It's a non-country music festival set in one of our more pretty areas.

ultimatesooner
05-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Cross Canadian Ragweed @ the Zoo Amp
Dave Matthews in Dallas
Tim McGraw @ the ford center

Easy180
05-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Looks like a few of us Okies hit the DMB show last Sept in Dallas...Great show, but I could have done w/o the 95 degrees at 8 PM factor!!

Good lord it was hot

Has anyone else bought any music from O.A.R after they opened the concert?...Downloaded their live album and it is gooood Clark!

okiemom
05-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Country Fever pulls in around 40,000. I wonder what the Rock Fever will be like. It sounds like it will be huge for a first year event.
I'm beginning to regret not buying tickets.

By the way, after attending Country Thunder in Texas, I'm more convinced than ever that the fever fest grounds in Pryor are one of the best in the area. Country Thunder doesn't compare to the one here in our state.

okiemom
05-30-2007, 09:50 AM
I had forgotten about seeing Tim McGraw and Faith Hill at the Ford Center. I think that was after George Strait.

dismayed
05-30-2007, 07:22 PM
ing to the Wakarusa Festival in Lawrence, KS in 2 weeks to see Widespread and others and the Austin City Limits Festival in Sept to see Wilco, Spoon and My Morning Jacket

I'm planning on going to ACL too. I wanted to go to SXSW this year but things just didn't work out. You know I had never heard of Wakarusa until one night setting at the bar in TapWerks I saw a flyer on the wall that talked about it.

Karried
05-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Oh, I just saw this thread..

omg.. Rock Fever here I come! I'm in heaven..80's Big Hair .. I loved that music!!

Let's see.. recent

Disturbed (teenage son and Dad)

Hootie and the Blowfish
Lara Price Band - Blues in New Orleans
Kenny Chesney/Sugarland - Ford Center

I used to go to concerts all the time...haven't as much lately.. started going to the Hornet's games instead.

Easy180
05-31-2007, 07:15 AM
I'm planning on going to ACL too. I wanted to go to SXSW this year but things just didn't work out. You know I had never heard of Wakarusa until one night setting at the bar in TapWerks I saw a flyer on the wall that talked about it.

dismayed...I had never heard of it either, but I actually like the overall lineup better than ACL...Lot more jam bands at Waka

And it won't be 100 degrees next weekend!!!

kmf563
05-31-2007, 07:31 AM
Waka is huge! Ben Harper will be there, don't miss him. It's one of the nicer festivals I have been to.

Easy180
05-31-2007, 07:39 AM
Sore spot for me kmf....We are going just on Saturday because the wives want to go (I don't know why!)....I really wanted to go Friday and Sat to catch Ben Harper

But my buddy is a big Widespread fan so we went with Saturday

Still we will get to see ALO, Tea Leaf Green, John Butler Trio and 2 sets of Widespread...Man am I pumped!

I would rather watch one set of Widespread and jump over to Son Volt, but it will take some work to scrape him away...Might just accidently get lost for 2 hours

kmf563
05-31-2007, 07:43 AM
ahhhh... that is horrible. You'll have a good time anyway, great performers. Yes, you will probably want to get lost for a while. It will be hard to not take yourself away.

kmf563
05-31-2007, 12:38 PM
June shows I recommend:
Bruce Robison June 15th at the Wormy Dog
Guy Forsyth (I love Guy) at the Blue Door June 23rd

Hey Misty - Guy is playing the Bricktown Blues Festival this year, thought you might want to know since it is FREE!! He is playing Friday, June 15th I think. Saturday Aranda and Shane Henry are playing, you should check both of those out also.

Misty
05-31-2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks! Is there a schedule out for this festival yet? I've never been and am looking forward to it. Have you ever seen Guy play the saw? It's so cool.

kmf563
05-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Friday - Savoy Brown featuring Kim Simmonds, Guy Forsyth, Jim Suhler and Monkeybeat, House featuring Chebon Tiger, Blue Kats, Act Casual, Sweet Brenda & Doc Blue

Saturday - John Hammond, Sista Monica, Aranda, Shane Henry, Three Legged Dog, AJ Johnson and Why Not, Dan Danger, Miss Amy and her Sho’nuf Bluesmen & Doc Blue

I don't know any times on the performers except that Shane plays at 6pm on Saturday and Aranda plays at 7pm.

I just hope the normal "loud=good" sound guy isn't running things. That's the only reason why I usually don't go to this blues fest. But it is lots of fun, you should have a good time.

Easy180
06-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Just got back from waka kmf and we had a great time....Great weather high was only around 84

All the bands were excellent except for Yonder Mountain String Band...I just can't get into true bluegrass, but everyone else ate them up...3,000 interesting folks dancing around with hula hoops, glowsticks and bubble machines is quite a sight

Just so much fun people watching...All kinds of hippies and just plain weird folks...Oh and of course a strange smell in the air even though it was outside :Smiley036

It is a weird feeling to dress normally and look like complete outsiders...Funny stuff

Loved the festival setup and how it was run...Can't beat ice cold Fat Tire either!

Will try and make it an annual trip from now on

fromdust
06-10-2007, 08:46 PM
well, i just saw clutch last night. they are so friggin awesome. a few months back it was saliva with crossfade. then waay back in oct. i saw the discorus event. gonna try to make the family values show here in aug.

kmf563
06-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Just got back from waka kmf and we had a great time....Great weather high was only around 84

All the bands were excellent except for Yonder Mountain String Band...I just can't get into true bluegrass, but everyone else ate them up...3,000 interesting folks dancing around with hula hoops, glowsticks and bubble machines is quite a sight

Just so much fun people watching...All kinds of hippies and just plain weird folks...Oh and of course a strange smell in the air even though it was outside :Smiley036

It is a weird feeling to dress normally and look like complete outsiders...Funny stuff

Loved the festival setup and how it was run...Can't beat ice cold Fat Tire either!

Will try and make it an annual trip from now on

:LolLolLol Glad you enjoyed it. I've heard that Yonder can get a little monotonous and longwinded. I think you just described the parking lot of a grateful dead show with the scenery and smell. haha. How were the prices this year for the vendors and whatnot?

Easy180
06-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Prices weren't too bad....$4.50 for a cup of Fat Tire and $2 for water and sodas

Food pricing was similar to the fair I guess....Pretty reasonable considering they had a captive customer base

Can't wait for Austin now, but thinking the heat will play a larger role in my afternoon drink choices....It was 85 in Lawrence so I know 95 or a 100 will have me drinking more wholesome liquids during the day

Forgot to add we saw a few interesting outfits...One guy only had ductape shorts on...I'm hoping there was some cloth somewhere underneath :omg:

And a few ladies had nothing on up top except for painted leafs...They seemed pretty popular for some reason

ultimatesooner
06-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Looks like a few of us Okies hit the DMB show last Sept in Dallas...Great show, but I could have done w/o the 95 degrees at 8 PM factor!!

Good lord it was hot

Has anyone else bought any music from O.A.R after they opened the concert?...Downloaded their live album and it is gooood Clark!

I had already downloaded some O.A.R. stuff before but had not listened to it much before that show. It was hot but that was a great show, I think we are going to go again this year

I took my gf for her bday last year, she had no idea why we were in Dallas and I bought an mp3 player for her and loaded a bunch of DMB music on it and gave it to her and she still didn't figure it out until I showed her the tickets

Easy180
06-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Pretty sure we will be going again in Sept as my group of friends are all pretty big Dave fans

Any idea who is opening for them this year?

As for O.A.R......If you don't already have them download:

City on Down, About an Hour Ago, Black Rock, Hey Girl, About Mr Brown and That Was a Crazy Game of Poker all from their live album Any Time Now

It is addictive and is on par with a lot of Dave's music...Great sax player

ultimatesooner
06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Any idea who is opening for them this year?

Robert Earl Keen according to the Smirnoff Music Centre website

okiemom
06-11-2007, 02:49 PM
We just walked in from Country Fever, which was awesome again this year.
The weather was decent, the food was good and the entertainment was outstanding.

This was our first year to have an RV there. I wish we had bought one sooner.

I'm tired, sunburned and on top of the world.

OkieKAS
06-11-2007, 04:47 PM
With the new OZZY cd Black Rain, you received a code for 2 FREE OzzFest 2007 tickets.

I GOT MINE! Yeeeeeeeee-HAW!

kmf563
06-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Why on Earth Dashboard is with this lineup I will never know, but it kind of makes my stomach turn. More people are to be announced as we get closer to the event...maybe it will start to make sense. - - -

The Coca-Cola Bricktown Events Center
425 E. California Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73104

Doors at 6:30 p.m.
Show at 7:30 p.m.

featuring Dashboard Confessional, American Idol's Katharine McPhee, OKC's Blake O., and Saving Jane!!

Tickets go onsale Saturday June 9th at 10:00 a.m.
Available at:
Oklahoma Event Tickets - OKC Tickets.com (http://www.okctickets.com)

charge by phone (toll free) at:
(866) 4OK-LIVE
(866) 465-5483

Also available at:

Size Records (8911 N. Western Ave. - OKC)
Guestroom Records (125 E. Main St. - Norman)
Guestroom Records (3701 N. Western Ave. - OKC)

Any metro area Party Galaxy locations:
1360 W. I-240 - South OKC
300 N. Macarthur Blvd. - West OKC
7101 NW Expressway - NW OKC
1000 E. Alameda - Norman
56 E. 15th St. - Edmond

jbrown84
06-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Wow that is bizarre.

Dashboard and Katharine McPhee?????

kmf563
06-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Wow that is bizarre.

Dashboard and Katharine McPhee?????

yea...and blake o??? Can you imagine what the crowd is starting to look like in my head??

jbrown84
06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I don't know Blake O.

But I can definitely see the emo kids fighting with the teenyboppers there to see McPhee.

kmf563
06-12-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't know Blake O.

But I can definitely see the emo kids fighting with the teenyboppers there to see McPhee.

hehe. yep. now add in blake o. I didn't know who he was either. So I looked him up. You should check out his website, just to get the full picture. :ohno:

Blake O. ::: Official Site ::: (http://www.blakeo.net)

okiemom
06-16-2007, 03:04 PM
It looks like they changed Rocklahoma from three days to four.

okiemom
07-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Received this today from Feverfest.

It's not the kind of kind of music we enjoy so we didn't attend. I'm glad it went well but I'll stick to Countryfever.

Great for Pryors economy.

ROCKLAHOMA'S PHENOEMAL SUCCESS SETS STAGE FOR 2008 TICKETS ALREADY SELLING FOR 2008 ROCKLAHOMA

PRYOR, OK --- With nearly 100,000 fans in attendance at Rocklahoma over the pre-party and three-day concert last week, organizers are already planning the Second Annual Rocklahoma Eighties Festival, scheduled for July 11-13, 2008. As a thank you to this years V.I.P. and Reserve Seat ticket holders, fans can renew their same seats for next summer 's Rocklahoma, now through September 17th. Reserved Seat ticket holders can upgrade their current seats to V.I.P. seats and enjoy all of its privileges.

"The artists and the fans came out and enjoyed the party in record numbers," said Dave Giencke, Director of Operations for Catch the Fever Music Festivals."Over 1,000 fans have already renewed their V.I.P. seats for next year's Rocklahoma, which will continue to feature the major rock artists from the music of the eighties. As a thank you for Rocklahoma's success, we want to give all our fans the first chance to renew their seats for 2008."

V.I.P. seats for the Second Annual Rocklahoma are $300, plus tax and handling. Past Reserve Seat ticket holders may purchase their seats as V.I.P. seats now through September 17th. Upgrades will be available after September 17th in order of date of purchase, Giencke said, adding that the first 2,000 ticket orders will receive a free copy of the Commemorative Rocklahoma 2007 Tour book.

"After September 17th, we will contact patrons and give them the choice of unsold seats closer to the stage. The upgrades to better seats will be done in the order of date they renew," he said."For example, if they bought their 2008 tickets at this year's show, they will have first choice of upgraded seats. But if they wait until September 17th to buy their tickets, they will have last choice. So it is very important to buy now!" "The remaining VIP Tickets will be available to the general public beginning October 1st."

Renewals may be purchased by calling (866) 310-2288. General admission tickets are also available at a discount to everyone. General admission tickets for one day are $50, plus tax and handling. General admission tickets for all three days are $110, plus tax and handling. All three-day ticket purchasers will be eligible to attend Rocklahoma's Pre-Party on Thursday, July 10, 2008.

Campground spots are also being purchased for next year and are available on a first come first serve basis. General admission camping is $45, plus tax and handling. V.I.P. camping is $55, plus tax and handling. Fans must hold a three-day concert ticket before they will be allowed to purchase their campsites.

"The earlier you purchase your campsite, the better the location. So again, it's important to buy now!" Giencke explained.

Organizers say the phenomenal success of this year's Rocklahoma was noticed around the world, as fans from all 50 states and six continents were in attendance. The success of 2007's Rocklahoma guarantees that next summer's event will be even bigger.

"Artists worldwide took note of the response of rock fans at Rocklahoma this year. Although the line-up for the Second Annual Rocklahoma in 2008 hasn't yet been finalized --- and the possibility is hard to imagine after the success of this year's event --- fans can expect an even bigger eighties line-up next summer and an even better show," Giencke said.

kmf563
01-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Anybody going to Wakarusa this year?
Our very own Flaming Lips are headlining!

Next weekend is the Waka Winter Classic which is a battle where 1 out of 5 bands gets a spot onstage at the Waka festival! Audience picks the winner. And my band happens to be in the mix. :irule:

Easy180
01-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Went to Waka last year and it is well worth the 5 hour drive...Not sure if I can go again this year as our one major vacation is planned around that time, but I would love to see the Lips up there

One of the best things about the fest is the New Belgium beers...Fat Tire on tap :tiphat:

Easy180
01-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Oh and a little plug for one of the best live performers out there

Martin Sexton is playing at the Bricktown Ballroom this Sunday night

Tickets are only $20...Dude is very talented and puts on a great show

I saw him in Dallas and Tulsa last year and was very surprised to see him making a stop in OKC

kmf563
01-25-2008, 08:09 AM
Received the final information on the contest this morning. Ouch! Tough competition for one slot.

Here is the line-up:

8:00-8:45 Lemma

9:00-9:45 Tall Cotton String Band

10:00-10:45 Galapagos

11:00-11:45 Randy Crouch

12:00-12:45 Hosty Duo

Come out and support your local musicians and help one of them go play the Wakarusa festival!! ( Preferably my band - Lemma! :wink: )

It's only $5 at the door

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e280/oukari/lemma/brologogreen.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e280/oukari/lemma/l_95260c7b391a21c010829614487b4f53.jpg

kmf563
01-30-2008, 11:25 AM
A tad of a change in the line up for Saturday. The Sugar Free Allstars will be competing instead of Hosty Duo. Same times, same place.

Hope to see you there!!

Matt
01-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Last: The Flaming Lips, The Myriad, OKC, NYE.

Next: Wilco, Cain's Ballroom, Tulsa, Saturday, March 8.

OkieHornet
01-30-2008, 02:36 PM
the Wilco show will be a good one... John Doe (of X) is opening...

anyone heard when the Foo Fighters rescheduled date is?