View Full Version : Question for the Ladies

dismayed
05-28-2007, 11:25 PM
So I thought flipping the question was only fair: ladies, if you're single, where are you hanging out at? Where should guys be looking for you?

And a second similar question: what places would you like to be noticed at? For example, if you're at a table having dinner with a friend and some random guy comes up to talk to you, do you like that or is that annoying?

Just thought I'd continue the discussion.

kmf563
05-29-2007, 07:21 AM
I think the scenario of coming up to a table where I am having dinner with a friend is a gray area. I think it depends on the approach. If you are going to do this, make sure and say hello to both parties at the table and make your intrusion brief. Write your number on a napkin and just drop it off, or ask her to come speak with you before she leaves, or just send both parties a drink. But I would find it rude if you just came and plopped down at our table.

I personally don't go places with the intention of finding single people. I find events and places that I am interested in and find single people there. It at least gives me the start of something in common.

Express Girl
06-19-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm newly single. I spend my days at work, evenings at home. I really need to get out though...haha

I agree with kmf about the table scenario.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Doing the table approach is a tricky one...It's easiest when you have an unavoidable (and obvious to them) excuse for initiating the contact.

#1 way of doing this...Is borrow a friends kid for the afternoon. Preferably a 3 year old boy that isn't intimidated by strangers. Send that little bugger in.

1. Kids are cute, it lowers their defenses.
2. It's not YOUR kid, so you have no "baggage" in their eyes.
3. It shows that you're responsible enough that your friends trust you with their kids.

Works EVERY time.

Dogs work well too :D

Easy180
06-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Or just wait til they are up at the bar ordering a drink...Worked for the dude in Knocked Up

Now let's throw in a little reality and say that guy wouldn't be able to pull in an Izzy outside of the movies :hairyguy:

Having heard my wife and her friends talk when they were still single...I wouldn't do the table approach...Most of the time they were annoyed by that sort of thing

Lurker34
06-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Let's say these 2 at the table are on a date. The nerve of you hitting on my date at dinner is almost an excuse to smash your face in.