View Full Version : Is anyone else THRILLED about...

JWil
05-24-2007, 08:35 PM
...NW 63rd St. being re-paved between May and Western?

Holy hell man, I was starting to think that the street was lost in time or something. Arguably the worst road in all of NW OKC for several years now.

Not much to this post, but a random rant/rave... I'm just glad they've addressed that patch of road.

Patrick
05-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Actually I'm pretty happy. That stretch had to be one of the worst in the city and it had been like that for several years. I'm not sure why they had put it off for so long.

BaconCheeseburgerDeluxe
05-24-2007, 09:51 PM
You think that area is bad try NW 164th that street might as well be like driving through a rock quarry.

JWil
05-24-2007, 10:12 PM
I have no doubt that's bad... but (depending on what part of it you're talking about), NW 164th hasn't been a main artery for NW OKC for a long time.

I'm trying to think back, but I think that NW 63rd in this location has been untouched since I went to Oklahoma State, which was in 1998. I'm really thinking it's been at least a decade since anything has been done to it. And that's such a high-traffic region because it's between NW Expressway and Broadway and has a lot of housing and business along it.

Anyway, I've used that road a LOT over the years and it's been a constant gripe of mine. Soooo glad it's been fixed.

metro
05-25-2007, 07:40 AM
Yeah that section of road was TERRIBLE. I realize the roads way up north, 164th, 178th and even further are even worse in spots. But as you said, they aren't major traffic arteries and haven't been for years such as 63rd has. As far as I'm concerned, deannex that portion of OKC and make the developers out there pay for the roads. If people want to live that far out it needs to come at a price, just like in other major cities. Heck, that's the reason OKC has bad roads in the first place, we have so many low per capita square miles. But yet there are paved roads in the middle of nowhere.

jbrown84
05-25-2007, 08:11 AM
I hadn't really noticed.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-01-2007, 02:52 AM
You think that area is bad try NW 164th that street might as well be like driving through a rock quarry.

Or 23rd, out by Farmers (Shepard mall). That street will shake the fillings out of your teeth.

SpectralMourning
06-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Eastbound NW 23rd & Tulsa is horrid. They really need to rework 23rd with the amount of traffic it gets, widen it or whatever. At least they need to repave it.

ksearls
06-02-2007, 09:36 AM
My car and I are thrilled.

MadMonk
06-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah that section of road was TERRIBLE. I realize the roads way up north, 164th, 178th and even further are even worse in spots. But as you said, they aren't major traffic arteries and haven't been for years such as 63rd has. As far as I'm concerned, deannex that portion of OKC and make the developers out there pay for the roads. If people want to live that far out it needs to come at a price, just like in other major cities. Heck, that's the reason OKC has bad roads in the first place, we have so many low per capita square miles. But yet there are paved roads in the middle of nowhere.
The people who use those more northern roads deserve as good a road as anywhere else. We pay for that in the form of our taxes the same as you. However, I agree that 63rd is a much more heavily used street (for now anyway).

Midtowner
06-03-2007, 07:28 PM

The city could always charge a special assessment to the landowners out there. There'd be an open city council seat afterwards, but it could be done :)

Julesc2001
06-04-2007, 10:41 AM
I am so thrilled about 63rd! I dont have to dodge pot holes anymore... of course the planning of the construction was horrible. I think they did most of their work during rush hour and most of the time it was poorly marked so you didnt know a lane was ending until you were there or sometimes you didnt know which lane to be in... I dont get why they cant do the work at night... the cost of the lights or what? It was a huge headache there for a couple of weeks. Still, last week they would have a random spot coned off, no warnings about lane closures and no explanation for why a random 10 foot area of the right lane was closed. I am glad it is done for a lot of different reasons...