View Full Version : Okc get Big 12 in 2009

okclee
05-24-2007, 08:27 PM
I know that this is already in the sports section, but I know many of you would want to see this.

NewsOK: Big 12 will return to OKC in 2009 (http://www.newsok.com/article/3058209/)

AFCM
05-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Great news, but I wonder how KC got the nod for 2010 and 2011, consecutively.

I just hope OKC can top this year. Even if it's just by a little bit, we constantly need to be improving to keep the Big XII coming back for more.

Doug Loudenback
05-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Great news, but I wonder how KC got the nod for 2010 and 2011, consecutively.

I just hope OKC can top this year. Even if it's just by a little bit, we constantly need to be improving to keep the Big XII coming back for more.
Kansas City has a "legacy" ... Okc has 1 great tourney under its belt ... and, lest we forget, "Everything's up to date in Kansas City ..."

brianinok
05-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Despite the fact that OU and OSU (until the tourney) nosedived this past year, the OKC tourney was the most successful on record. On par for the men, and far better for the women. My guess is the reason it was awarded to KC in 2010 and 2011 is because of Weiburg and the chairman being from Nebraska. OKC will show the tourney can be a success by 07 and 09, and get more awarded in the future, IMO. But, I still don't understand this conference's love affair with Kansas City. For football it is waaaay too cold to play football, and they have yet to prove anything on the basketball side as far as facilities. But when they do, it still won't have any advantages over holding it in OKC.