View Full Version : Action Appliance Repairs

kmf563
05-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Welcome to my morning first cup of coffee rant. I had an appointment today to get my dishwasher repaired. It was set up for sometime this afternoon and they were supposed to call me when they were on their way. Someone just called and said the guy would be there at 11:00 this morning. That's not afternoon, right? Am I too literal with the meaning of after - noon being 12:00??? I took the afternoon off work in order to have these repairs done. That's vacation hours folks. First she said he would be there between the hours of 11 and 1 and I said to make it closer to 1 because I wouldn't be there until when... AFTER NOON. She said it would be closer to 11 and they were unwilling to work with me! She wanted to reschedule another day. I've already used vacation time for today - I'm not wasting more vacation time because you first of all didn't schedule the time right and second of all can't budge the time 1 freaking hour??? I know how appointments work and probably someone else cancelled their appointment this morning so mine got bumped up for the "convenient route". This company was chosen by my landlord, not me. So then they had the audacity to ask me to call the landlord and have her meet him there! So now she should have to miss work today too so you don't have to interrupt your convenient schedule for no one but you?? grrrr. She said he wouldn't wait either. If he got there and I wasn't home, he would move onto the next appointment and I would have to reschedule. I told her to just cancel the appointment. I would rather pay for it myself than deal with that company. Completely rude and incompetent. He would probably get there, look at it and need to make another appointment to fix it anyway!! Oh, and there were zero apologies or any kind of emotion other than a deal with it attitude. So....here I am with word of mouth - do not use this company. They will waste your time and money. :cuss2: :fighting2

BailJumper
05-24-2007, 08:14 AM
11-1pm Really? God, I'd be thankfull. The last time I called COX they gave me a 5-hour window!

I certainly do not think moving someone up on the schedule is a reason to tell others not to use them. I've had too many examples where I get the call saying we're running really late and need to do it another day - now that pisses me off.

flintysooner
05-24-2007, 08:36 AM
I used this place in Moore several times, Wade's Appliance Repair. They treated me like an actual person and repaired a dishwasher and an oven for me that others wanted to junk. Haven't needed them in a while but would surely call them again if I did.

kmf563
05-24-2007, 09:22 AM
11-1pm Really? God, I'd be thankfull. The last time I called COX they gave me a 5-hour window!

I certainly do not think moving someone up on the schedule is a reason to tell others not to use them. I've had too many examples where I get the call saying we're running really late and need to do it another day - now that pisses me off.

You'd be thankful because you can probably afford to just take off work whenever you need to be home. I do not have that capability. I'm not mad because it's a two hour window - I'm mad because it was supposed to be in the afternoon and they changed it all to be convenient for them without regard for me - the client. They could have said they would be there any time from 1 to 6and that would have been fine since I planned on being home after noon. And I specifically told them I would be at work until noon today. And they didn't have to be crappy about it. I'm saying don't use them because they have little respect for their customers, didn't follow through with what they agreed to, and were rude as hell. Use them if you wish...I would rather hand wash my dishes than call them again.

BailJumper
05-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Personally, I'd probably try and fix the dishwasher myself. Speaking of, I had to replace the drain hose the other day after it split. $25 part as opposed to $125 service call and did it on my own time. In case you're wondering - I had no idea what I was doing and had to look up the repair online. If the wife would have been home she would have nixed the DIY idea from the get go. I just find about 70% of appliance and home repairs can be done yourself for alot less money and more satisfaction. Even car repairs can often be done yourself. I went online and learned how to replace my brake pads, rotors, brake fluid line and tune-up my car. Literally saved me about a grand!

That said, yes I do understand the frustration of a scheduled service call. I just tell myself it's gonna take all day and plan ahead. Do I gotta take off work? Sure. Is that life? Yep.

kmf563
05-24-2007, 10:22 AM
I would agree to the fix it myself idea also. I already took what I could apart and cleaned the filter and the drain. I'm afraid it's a burnt motor, which I have zero idea how to fix and don't have the patience to self teach from an internet lesson. We just decided to install another one. But incidentally - my landlord concurred with my assessment of the situation and agreed to take the business elsewhere. I will be using another day of vacation, but at least the installers were honest enough to say they had zero idea when they would be there. I'm okay with that...I just need to adjust my time for it.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-29-2007, 10:45 AM
I used this place in Moore several times, Wade's Appliance Repair. They treated me like an actual person and repaired a dishwasher and an oven for me that others wanted to junk. Haven't needed them in a while but would surely call them again if I did.

I'll second Wade's. I do my own repair, and they were REALLY helpful when the motor they sold me to fix my garage (see: beer) refrigerator was turning the wrong direction. They treated me like I'd spent $1,000 in there, not $25. This was on several trips and talking to several different people in there.

They were really helpful when I needed parts to fix my sister's dryer as well.

metro
06-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the tips on Wade's I'll have to give them a call. Our dishwasher went caput. It won't power on. I tried the breaker box but that didn't fix the problem.