View Full Version : Daycare Tulsa

Karried
05-19-2007, 07:25 PM
I just saw this front page CNN.

This poor baby......

TULSA, Oklahoma (AP) -- A day care worker was being held Saturday in the death of a 2-year-old boy whose hands were bound and his mouth covered with masking tape, police said.
The boy, who had been on life support, died late Thursday, Officer Jason Willingham said.
Vicki Leigh Chiles was being held without bail on a complaint of first-degree murder. She was the only worker at the facility at the time, looking after eight children ages 7 and younger, Willingham said.
Chiles told police the boy would not be quiet for nap time, so she used tape to silence him, an arrest report states.
Chiles told investigators she left the boy unattended for a few minutes and came back to find him lying on the floor unresponsive, the report states. She said she called for an ambulance and tried to perform CPR.
The state agency that oversees child day care operators was investigating Chiles' business, said Mary Leaver, an agency spokeswoman.

Rifleman2C
05-20-2007, 11:41 AM
I saw this earlier today, and it made me sick. You can tape a 2 year-old's mouth shut if they won't be quiet for nap time? And bind their hands to make sure they don't take the tape off?

How does twenty years in prison sound for that little 'lapse in judgement'?