View Full Version : New Business going in Deep Deuce??

metro
05-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Okay, so I've driven by several times now, I believe it's NE 3rd street. The building just west of the former Deep Deuce Jazz Lab (now a lawyer's office) has been recently renovated. There is no signage, etc. on the building, just a lockbox. Does anyone know what this is going to be, or is it just on the commercial market and doesn't have a for sale sign up yet. Either way, they sure cleaned up this eyesore. It was once a halfway collapsed building.

bricktownlife
05-18-2007, 10:15 AM
I heard the Wade Starr group is putting in a pizza place called "The Wedge." I believe they've already opened a similar store on N. Western.

metro
05-18-2007, 10:27 AM
That would be sweet!

Easy180
05-18-2007, 12:55 PM
uh oh...Looks like Falcone's might be staring at some competition soon

HOT ROD
05-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Competition is good, keeps prices low and quality high!!!

Easy180
05-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Little info on the Wedge from Newsok...Sounds good

The newest pizzeria in Oklahoma City aims to satisfy cravings for the Old World.
It's the kind of pizza you might expect on the Italian countryside — homemade and cooked in a brick oven.

"Our focus is rustic Italian,” general manager Elena Farrar said. "The brick oven is our only source of heat for everything. It's the only thing we cook on, period.”

The Wedge Pizzeria, 4601 N Western, dishes up pies that can't be found anywhere else in the city, she said.

"We just wanted to bring a new concept of pizza to Oklahoma City,” Farrar said. "You have New York-style pizza. You have Chicago-style pizza, but this is different.”

The pizzas take about five minutes to cook. While guests are waiting, they can indulge in a number of Italian-inspired salads. The salad dressings and the pizza dough are made fresh daily, and the mozzarella cheese also is made in the restaurant.

"We use local purveyors for most of our produce, and we focus on organic products,” Farrar said.

She said most of the organic vegetables are grown at Organic Farms in Piedmont.

The eatery is a rehabbed salon. At only about 1,000-square feet, a full house is 35 diners.

"What we wanted to do, you can't do large scale,” co-owner and chef Ryan Parrot said. "You just can't. It's an art form.”

He said The Wedge also is in a good location along Restaurant Row, the strip on Western Avenue known for its abundance of restaurants.

"Geographically, this is the perfect place,” said Parrot, who also is a partner in the Deep Fork Group. "We have six other restaurants on Western. It really worked out well for us.”

The Deep Fork Group owns and operates The Mantle Wine Bar and Bistro, Cafe Nova, Charlie Newton's, Chicas, North Fork, Deep Fork Grill, Red Moon Cafe and the Sidecar Bar & Grille.

"It's a diverse community,” Farrar said. "There are also a lot of artists and gourmet and professional diners, and they're looking for something new.”

Like prosiutto-wrapped pears, with goat cheese and drizzled balsamic vinegar, handmade meatballs tossed in marinara and cheese — or roasted beets, shallots, oranges and spices tossed up in a delectable salad. The restaurant also serves Mokarabia coffee, imported from Italy.

"Here, we want people to expect the unexpected.”

The Wedge Pizzeria will open May 29.

TStheThird
05-20-2007, 09:33 PM
I will get to enjoy this before I move. I am glad that the pizzeria will be small. That is the way it should be. It will bring back good memories... that is if the pizza is any good.

metro
05-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Yeah, the article didn't mention anything of a Deep Deuce location. I sure hope the rumor comes to fruition though. Easy180 don't forget about the other competition that Gaetano's is opening a new location in the Legacy Arts Central complex in the Arts District.

bandnerd
05-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Wait--Gaetano's (sp?) is opening in the Legacy complex? Whoo hoo!

lkberry1
05-21-2007, 11:44 AM
gaetanos??? since when have they been competition? they don't even have business at the edmond location.

TStheThird
05-21-2007, 02:22 PM
I went to Gaetanos a few weeks ago. It was sub par. Could have been bad timing... I will give it one more shot.