View Full Version : NCHOF&WHM annual Chuck Wagon Gathering

metro
05-15-2007, 09:30 AM
I would have posted this in the food court but since its such a large annual event, 10,000+ each year, I'll put it where more people will read it.

On May 26-27th (Memorial Day Weekend) it's time for the National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Center's 17th annual Chuck Wagon Gathering and Children's Cowboy Festival. I haven't been in years but if you haven't been, this is a must attend event at least once in your life, a right of spring if you will. For more information go to National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum (http://www.nationalcowboymuseum.org) .

jbrown84
05-15-2007, 11:12 AM
I think it's just NC&WHM.

Patrick
05-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Yup, the official name is the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. They took on that name a few years ago when they became officially accreditted as a museum.

It hasn't been named National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Center for several years now.

Patrick
05-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Anyways, I'll be there.

CCOKC
05-15-2007, 05:04 PM
I haven't been in years but took my kids when they were younger. It is a great time. You buy a bowl for a nominal fee and get to eat from all of the vendors. When I went there was plenty to eat; even dessert. Plus there are other activities that represent what it was like to be on a cattle drive back in the day. I won't be in town but would go if I were.

SoonerDave
05-17-2007, 08:56 AM
It hasn't been named National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Center for several years now.

It was the National Cowboy Hall of Fame for the overwhelming majority of my 42 years in Oklahoma, and they could "officially" call it "The Booger Barn," and it's still gonna be the NCHOF in my book...

...just like the Bricktown Ball park will never be the "ATT" "Bricktown Ballpark", or OU's home field will never be "Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium" in my heart of hearts. I think a lot of other people probably feel the same way.

-soonerdave

metro
05-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone looking for something to do this Memorial Day weekend. This event is this weekend!!

foodiefan
05-24-2007, 02:49 PM
ON TARGET, Sooner Dave!!