View Full Version : Video of Bloomberg's OU Speech?

writerranger
05-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Hmmmm.....where to post this.....

Does anybody have - or know someone that might have - video of today's commencement address by Mayor Bloomberg at OU?
I'm hoping for a posting at YouTube.

Related:

By Susan Simpson
Oklahoman Staff Writer

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg joked he was third choice as the University of Oklahoma's commencement speaker Friday night — after football star Adrian Peterson and "American Idol” contestant Sanjaya Malakar.

But Bloomberg said he was vying for the opportunity to take part in a special tradition.

"I've always wanted to say this,” Bloomberg said before shouting "Boomer” into the crowd at Gaylord Family — Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.

"Sooner!” the crowd chanted back with great applause.

Bloomberg joked that he wasn't a top ranked college student — "I was the kind of student that made the top half of the class possible” — but he still had words of wisdom for the spring 2007 graduates.

"This is a complicated world,” he said. "No single person has all the skills to solve all the problems. Get rid of the words ‘I' and ‘me' and replace them with the words ‘you' and ‘us.'”

OU President David Boren presented Bloomberg with an honorary degree and called him "our newest Sooner.”

Boren said Bloomberg, one of the country's richest men, stabilized his city's budget and led New York to its strongest economy in decades after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

---------------