View Full Version : Fat Virus?

Patrick
11-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Channel 5 is going to have an interesting story on their Wednesday newscast at 5 PM. Supposedly some doctors think now that obesity may belinked to a virus that you can catch. I'm not so sure, but it will be interesting to see the story. For more info., check out channeloklahoma.com and tune in Wednesday, Nov. 17th at 5 PM Eyewitness News 5!

Keith
11-16-2004, 12:31 PM
I must have caught that fat virus :eek: It has spread everywhere...hips, thighs, gut, butt, etc....... :biggrin: Actually, I don't mean to make light of obesity because I know it is a growing problem. As Patrick said, tune in to the special on Wednesday.

Midtowner
11-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Sensational journalism at its finest.

mranderson
11-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Let me see. For a lot of people who are overweight, the virus is simple...

Cake, ice cream, candy bars, pie, fried foods, Mc Donalds.

There was a joke I heard from a stand up comedian a few years ago. I do not recall his or her name. However, it goes like this.

A woman enters a McDonalds and places the following order.

Counter person: Hello, welcome to McDonalds. May I take your order?

Woman: Yes. I want 12 Big Macs, two king sized fries, and a small diet coke... I'm on a diet. :eek:

MasterWolf
11-16-2004, 07:49 PM
I agree!! I think it be very interesting to see this. I find it hard to understand how a virus can cause obesity. I know there are people in this world that have a tremendous time with their weight, whether they are too skinny or to overweight. Some actually had it their whole lives and been trying to do something about. But to say its a virus that causes overweightness!! Come on, When can we get past the stage in society when we stop blaming everything else.

Patrick
11-16-2004, 09:05 PM
mranderson brings up good points. Seems like the main reason people get fat is because they don't know how to diet correctly and exercise correctly. That's where a good personal trainer comes in. If you're in need of one, I definitely recommend Warren Jones at the Lighthouse. I've seen some amazing results from his work. I think he charges like $60 an hour, for a one time a week meeting.

I'm still skeptical of this virus. I guess I'll have to tune in to check it out.

Patrick
11-17-2004, 10:05 PM
Hey guys, I missed this story today. Anyone have a report?

slydog
11-18-2004, 03:19 PM
yea, it seems that fat, redneck, trailer dwellers are tossing their candy rappers and big mac boxes all over our city causing kids to strongly suggest their high end exectutive fathers move their businesses to Seattle where a $300 fine will defeat the litter problems.

I AM KIDDING, TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT AND THRO THE REST OVER YOUR LEFT SHOULDER....

SlyDog...

1adam12
11-18-2004, 09:21 PM
I don't worry about obesity. I can eat 4 donuts and get into a foot pursuit and run it all off. :Smiley112

Keith
11-19-2004, 04:03 PM
So, how many people will stay on their diets during the holiday season? Not me..... :Smiley171

mranderson
11-19-2004, 04:10 PM
I don't worry about obesity. I can eat 4 donuts and get into a foot pursuit and run it all off. :Smiley112

Hey. 1Adam12. Do you have a Winchell's credit card?

Patrick
11-21-2004, 02:19 AM
Hey, I was looking in the Classified Section today and the Krispy Creme at Penn and Memorial is hiring! lol!