Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OU Boathouse

Default Re: OU Boathouse

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

The comment I quoted was from a rower after someone asked on Steve's chat about the delays with the OU Boathouse.
    Ah, thanks for clarifying. Interesting none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

The comment I quoted was from a rower after someone asked on Steve's chat about the delays with the OU Boathouse.
    I have some doubt on that quote though, it is very inconsistent with what their public message has been (I think inadequate was the last word I remember it called for long term use), if they were going to using Exchange long term the docks and some basic facilities there should have some upgrades; since it has been reported as fully funded, if they wanted to build it near the Exchange Boathouse or expand it, it seems unlikely anyone will be putting up a fight against it and with how generic the name rename it the OU Boathouse after an expansion seems fine. Plus part of the phase II river projects is installing cameras in the east basin which are planed to record practices to help coaches evaluate technique, maybe they do not plan on utilizing that but it seems surprising they would not look into it first.

I think they were merely saying that OU is in no rush to build because they have the eastern section of the river to themselves, not that they would build elsewhere or even stay put in the long-term.

Only tangentially related, the team showed off the 2014 Big 12 Championship Ring

5. Default Re: OU Boathouse

Congrats on the Big12. Only 5 schools have crew, but that's up from what it once was! Hopefully it will continue to grow and we'll see a full Big12 representation soon.

It is quite funny how each of the three schools with a boathouse will compete at 3 different divisional levels. On one hand, it's nice because they can each show off their champion status without it being rubbed in the other's faces. Just some good friendly hometown crew supporting each other. It's a unique thing for OKC. I don't know too many cities that have the variety of universities that OKC does...and especially so many that compete at a high level in their respective classes.

OU got a shout out from the international governing body of rowing

Our mission to promote university rowing continues! #FollowFriday for this week is University of Oklahoma. @OU_Rowing

Thread Information