Widgets Magazine

Thread: Carl's Jr./ Green Burrito @ Reno and Midwest Blvd.

Default Carl's Jr./ Green Burrito @ Reno and Midwest Blvd.

I was in MWC yesterday and Carl's JR has added Green Burrito to their Reno and Midwest Blvd. location.

Has anyone on here at there? Is it any good?

I wonder if they will be trying this concept anywhere else in the city?

Default Re: Carl's Jr./ Green Burrito @ Reno and Midwest Blvd.

Haven't been there, but have been wanting to try it. I may go check it out tomorrow.

3. Default Re: Carl's Jr./ Green Burrito @ Reno and Midwest Blvd.

I'd never heard of it until you posted this...But I DO love me some Carls Jr, and after looking at Green Burrito on their website....I'll all over that gutbomb food. I love it.

I tried it today. For some reason I'd been expecting something along the line of Moe's or Chipotle. It's actually much closer to Taco Mayo or maybe Taco Bueno. Pretty good, though. I had a soft taco combo- it was about $4 for three tacos, rice, beans, and a drink. I don't live in MWC, and I wouldn't go out of my way to go there again, but if I was driving by I would probably stop.

While we're on the subject of Carl's Jr., what does everyone think about the new ordering system (I assume it is new- haven't been to one in a long time)? If you haven't seen it before, they have a system where, instead of placing your order w/ a person, you enter it into a computer.

There is another post on this somewhere on the site, we've talked about Green Burrito and it's not new to OKC. Many of the other Carl's Jr. have or have had the green burrito concept on their menu.

6. Default Re: Carl's Jr./ Green Burrito @ Reno and Midwest Blvd.

I try to avoid the place alltogether...makes my stomach hurt. But that ordering thing sounds weird. It always amazes me that the places stay open since there are hardly ever any cars in the lots. I guess this is one way to cut costs by not having a cashier. How does the pay part work? Is it like a self-checkout type?

Yeah, it is self-checkout. They have one line set up for credit card only and another line for cash or credit. There's a touch screen with pictures of menu items and you select what you want (there is even a button to add/delete ingredients).

I guess it might cut down on cashiers eventually, but when I was there they had a cashier standing at each machine helping people use it. Maybe they can eliminate one or both of those people once customers become more accustomed to using the machines.

8. Default Re: Carl's Jr./ Green Burrito @ Reno and Midwest Blvd.

Great concept. The past several times that I've eaten fast food, they would compulsively screw up an extremely simple order. This is why I don't eat at the Arby's at NW 39th off of Ann Arbor. That manager is stupid and pretty hateful. If I wasn't in a hurry the last time I ordered, I had every intention to report her conduct. Then again, that's another story.

There's a Green Burrito location at 23rd and Broadway too now.

10. Default Re: Carl's Jr./ Green Burrito @ Reno and Midwest Blvd.

I like Carl's Jr, and have since the first time I went to one in 1991. However, I went yesterday, and they had this stupid self ordering machine that was slow, redundant and configured so you can not delete items such as tomatos from a hamburger.

I would try their Green Burrito if they did not have those machines. Nothing beats the human touch. Just another way to take jobs from hard working LEGAL americans.

I think I'll go back, but to a drive thru.

Thread Information