Widgets Magazine

Thread: Furniture Store

Default Furniture Store

We are in search of a new couch or possibly one of those couches with a hide-away bed. We live in the Edmond area and don't own a truck so it would have to be a place that could deliver for us (which I'm sure most furniture stores do anyways).

Any suggestions?

MadMonk Guest

Default Re: Furniture Store

Mathis Brothers always comes up when you talk about furniture. Also, check with Galleria Furniture as well. I recently picked up a twin bed for my son there and had a much better experience than I did at Mathis Brothers (long story).

3. Default Re: Furniture Store

Just a thought, but when I was truckless, I would go down to Enterprise or Budget and see what deals they had for a one day rental. They frequently run specials on them.

I moved a refrigerator with a minivan once, and that cost me $19 for a one day rental...I've also gotten a full sized Chevrolet pickup for under $25.

It may be a bit of a hassle compared to just paying for delivery, but a) you're going to pay that much anyway, and b) you can use the truck for other things while you have it...Like grabbing all that mulch you need from Home Depot, hauling off those tree branches, and you know...Jumping railroad tracks-n-stuff.

4. Default Re: Furniture Store

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Just a thought, but when I was truckless, I would go down to Enterprise or Budget and see what deals they had for a one day rental. They frequently run specials on them.

I moved a refrigerator with a minivan once, and that cost me $19 for a one day rental...I've also gotten a full sized Chevrolet pickup for under $25.

It may be a bit of a hassle compared to just paying for delivery, but a) you're going to pay that much anyway, and b) you can use the truck for other things while you have it...Like grabbing all that mulch you need from Home Depot, hauling off those tree branches, and you know...Jumping railroad tracks-n-stuff.
    I would rather pay for delivery. That way, I know it is done right and if there is damage, they pay for the repair... Not me.

Mathis is among the best. In fact, very few pieces of furniture are NOT from a Mathis owned store. My dad was friends with both Don and Bud Mathis and we got better deals.

Some may not remember the original Mathis'. "We got them far blazin' prawces at Mathis brother fur-nit-ture."

I was not aware that Mathis owned the Galleria Furniture ...

It seems you know the Mathis' really well... how well do you know them? I've heard stories...

Quote Originally Posted by PUGalicious View Post
    I was not aware that Mathis owned the Galleria Furniture ...

It seems you know the Mathis' really well... how well do you know them? I've heard stories...
    Ahh..the famous gerbils come to the surface again!

7. Default Re: Furniture Store

Quote Originally Posted by mranderson View Post
    I would rather pay for delivery. That way, I know it is done right and if there is damage, they pay for the repair... Not me.

Mathis is among the best. In fact, very few pieces of furniture are NOT from a Mathis owned store. My dad was friends with both Don and Bud Mathis and we got better deals.

Some may not remember the original Mathis'. "We got them far blazin' prawces at Mathis brother fur-nit-ture."
    I've known too many people that worked for Mathis Brothers delivering furniture...I trust me more

8. Default Re: Furniture Store

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    I've known too many people that worked for Mathis Brothers delivering furniture...I trust me more
    If you want to take the risk if your home is damaged, then, I guess more power to you. As I said, I would rather file a claim against the company's insurance if damage occurs. I have seen many pieces of furniture delivered by Mathis and have never had even a buffable scratch.

9. Default Re: Furniture Store

I myself buy everything from Factory Direct. Same as MB's but cheaper prices and of course they deliver. THat is where I bough my couch, love seat, recliner, coffee table, end table, and dining room table. And I just happened to find my bed on clearance at Bob Mills. Bob Mills has an awesome clearance room. Oh, and at Factory Direct the delivery fee is $35 per $1000 that you spend. Or, $35 for anything $1-$1000, $70 for $1001-$1999, you get the drift.

Keith Guest

We buy from Factory Direct as well.

Thread Information