Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Frontier City

Default Re: Frontier City

I think they had said that the owner of Buffalo Wild Wings (if I'm not mistaken) was the new buyer. However, that announcement came "prematurely."

As for a new thread. Who cares if a new one was started?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Because it throws off people who do it right by actually searching for an existing thread rather than creating a new one.

So you have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who wanders in in the middle of a movie and wants to know. -Walter Sobchak "The Big Lebowski"

Oh ok, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    I think they had said that the owner of Buffalo Wild Wings (if I'm not mistaken) was the new buyer. However, that announcement came "prematurely."

Well for one, I care that an unnecessary thread gets started, and obviously the guy that brought it up did as well. By keeping discussion about the same topic in the same thread, it creates less questioning, and more informed readers.

Secondly, the owner of Buffalo Wild Wings did NOT buy Frontier City. Someone merely suggested he would be a good owner. (Another case and point why it's good to keep things in the same thread).

metro...

from what I undertood he was rumored to have bought it. as stated here:

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-are...=frontier+city

"Lynn, owner of the Buffalo Wild Wings Grill and Bar in northwest Oklahoma City, was named 2005 Franchisee Marketer of the Year. He serves as a member of the Oklahoma City Convention and Visitors Commission and is a director of the Oklahoma Restaurant Association"

BricktownGuy, I see where you're coming from and you have a point as well. That was just a "rumor" or someone just jumping the gun as it went on to state. As you can see by company officials and official statements from Six Flags, they have received numerous offers, all of which are still on the table to the public's knowledge. None have been settled on.

Quote Originally Posted by metro
    Well for one, I care that an unnecessary thread gets started, and obviously the guy that brought it up did as well. By keeping discussion about the same topic in the same thread, it creates less questioning, and more informed readers.

Secondly, the owner of Buffalo Wild Wings did NOT buy Frontier City. Someone merely suggested he would be a good owner. (Another case and point why it's good to keep things in the same thread).

Ok, sorry, but what do you mean that keeps less questioning?

What are large theme parks attracted to? I mean we are in a great location (near the center of the US) and there are so many areas around here that don’t have an even amusing area. I think it would be great to see a theme park and water park combined. Maybe they should start anew with a new park. Make the rides a little more exciting and original. Just about everyone I know has been to Six Flags (Dallas). Imagine around 1.2-1.4 million people around OKC going to the park and more from Tulsa and Kansas and from other states. If people are willing to drive 2-3 hours to Dallas then why wouldn’t people from the North do the same to visit us? Also, somewhere I read that OKC gets 12 million visitors a year, without much of a theme park I my opinion. Personally, I would rather drive 2-3 hours to go to Six Flags than Frontier City. I admit Frontier City IS NOT A DUMP but it isn’t the best ether. And not only that, but Six Flags doesn’t want to give up Frontier City and White Water Bay, they want to gouge whoever is willing to buy them. OH, has anyone other than Toby Keith thought of bringing a little Branson to OKC or the area around it (i.e. live shows, tours, and places to just spend money, you know, Branson). If I had the money, then I would do it! Please tell me what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by metro
    BricktownGuy, I see where you're coming from and you have a point as well. That was just a "rumor" or someone just jumping the gun as it went on to state. As you can see by company officials and official statements from Six Flags, they have received numerous offers, all of which are still on the table to the public's knowledge. None have been settled on.
    Correct.

ETL
    Ok, sorry, but what do you mean that keeps less questioning?
    What I was saying, by keeping all discussion regarding the same topic in one thread. It will create a more informed reader, thus someone will be less likely to ask a question that has already been answered. If there is another thread already on the topic that they didn't know about, but had their answer, they might not find it. By keeping the same discussion in one thread, they are more likely to get all the information given about that topic.

Make sense?

Yes it does, thank you for informing me. I appreciate it!

No problem. That was just my two cents, for what it's worth at least.

Default Re: Local Investors buy Frontier City & White Water

guess they jumped the gun... any official confirmation yet?? any news at all?

BRING BACK WEDGEWOOD!!!

How about an OKC theme park dedicated to old OKC places.....wow, what you could do with that!!! (See OKC Childhood Memories link for ideas!!!)

He couldn't do any worse than Six Flags has done. I'm willing to give him a chance.
    So true. Those places are dumps. At worst he runs them into bankruptcy and they close. Would that really be any loss? IMO, They should just move the attrations out of the boonies to the river and create a boardwalk. At least the setting would add some ambiance and add value to the one-small-step-above-state-fair rides and shows at those places.

17. Default Re: Local Investors buy Frontier City & White Water

They aren't dumps, and they aren't in the boonies. The cost of moving is not practical.

They aren't dumps, and they aren't in the boonies.
    OK, maybe White Water's not in the boonies, but it's close. Frontier City is definately in the boonies. As for being dumps, I have never been to any dirtier amusement parks or any with as many low grade and poorly maintained rides.

The cost of moving is not practical.
    Maybe not, but parks buy rides and move them all the time. I just thought it might be worth it to do that, have a park in the city, and get some river development. I think it would draw more regionally and be an added attraction to visitors in that location than in the far NE part of the city without a lot of services.

But, I was just throwing it out there. Unless they sell it off piece by piece, such a venture is probably too big for the return the market would provide.

BDP-
    Take it easy! The only "services" lacking in some parts of NE OKC(primarily east of I-35) is a lack of pizza delivery. We have electric lights AND indoor plumbing. There are plenty of restaurants and entertainment options without EVERYTHING being in Bricktown.

NE...don't think BDP was talking about the residential areas, but you have to admit it's not exactly in the ideal spot...Close to nothing surrounding Frontier City aside from a few truck stops and it is a long distance for everyone except for NE OKC and Edmond folks

BDP-
    Take it easy!
    Sorry Oasis. I just meant that there aren't many services for guests out by Frontier City. Not many hotel options and relatively few restaurant options.

Personally, I think the appeal of the NE side is its lack of services and its wooded neighborhoods. I'm more of a city person, but that area offers nice isolation and convenience of a city nearby. I also think it has better topography than most of the city. However, I was just saying that maybe the park would do better if it could benefit from the synergy of city type services. A lot of parks are out of populated areas because of the cheap land. Maybe it would be cool in OKC to have one in the core of the city... just an idea.

It is a very nice area, I just don't think of it as an area that's built for tourism. Sorry if I sounded like I was dogging it in general.

Actually relocating to the river near downtown would be a cool idea. Moving theme parks rides are not very expensive. Buying new ones don't cost much either. The Wildcat roller coaster was move to Frontier City from Fairy Land park in KC. Amusement rides are moved all the time.

If I remember correctly, didn't a housing developer want to buy Frontier City a few years back and replace it with homes. Interesting side note - did you know that 4 roller coasters were moved to Frontier City but were never assembled.

Roller Coaster DataBase

Patrick Guest

So can anyone tell me why Exacaliber is sitting on the west side of the property rusting in a field? We acquired it from Six Flags Astroworld. Why don't we put it to use?

Patrick Guest

These are pictures of Exaclibur, a roller coaster that's currently sitting in pieces rusting on the west side of the property:

Patrick Guest

Here's what it currently looks like at Frontier City:

Thread Information