Widgets Magazine

Thread: Apartments...

Default Apartments...

Well it's about that time for us students when our leases are up, so I'm searching for some apartments in this area. I'm not too fond of the college apartment communities (reserve, edge, traditions, crimson park, etc) and would rather pick some place out of the way like crown ridge but I'm just not familiar enough with the area and I don't really have a lot of time to go drive around for properties that aren't listed. Anyone here have recommendations?

If it's relevant, I'm living in a small complex on the east side of Norman, but frankly the east side scares me, so it's time for a switch. This will also mean that paying $500 rent for a 1 bedroom is just too high for me, relatively speaking.

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Apartments...

I hate to tell you this but, $500 a month is the new threshold for a descent place to live. I think the welfare rent rate went up because, I am seeing a lot of riff raff where I live.

I paid $429 a month when I first moved in to my current apartment. I have lived here for almost four years and I am up for renewal next month. I checked the property manager's website and $499 is the new rent rate for my type of apartment. I think they raised the rates to try to run off some of the less desirable tenants.

To make a long post short, if you want to live in a descent complex you had better be ready to shell out $500-$650 a month for a one bedroom. If that price is too steep, you may want to look at finding a roommate. Anything under $500 a month is going to be a dump with idiots for neighbors. Whatever you do not rent anything in the area NW 122nd and Penn.

Any recommendations for someone in the process of moving to Norman.

I have a friend who will be moving here next month and looking for an apt with how should I say an area with mature tenents. Would like to be on the south part of Norman.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skwillz View Post
    Well it's about that time for us students when our leases are up, so I'm searching for some apartments in this area. I'm not too fond of the college apartment communities (reserve, edge, traditions, crimson park, etc) and would rather pick some place out of the way like crown ridge but I'm just not familiar enough with the area and I don't really have a lot of time to go drive around for properties that aren't listed. Anyone here have recommendations?

If it's relevant, I'm living in a small complex on the east side of Norman, but frankly the east side scares me, so it's time for a switch. This will also mean that paying $500 rent for a 1 bedroom is just too high for me, relatively speaking.

Thanks in advance
    I lived in Norman for 7 year and still go back quite a bit. I have never seen anything in norman that even came close to scaring me

5. Default Re: Apartments...

I disagree on the $500 for a 1 bedroom is necessary. My hubby and I paid that for an awesome 2 bedroom at Mansions South in Moore for a year and a half. The complex is really strict on who they let in because they do mostly FAA students. We never had anything happen to our cars, which I was really afraid of, and our neighbors did a good job of keeping to themselves.

There isn't anything in Norman that is scary. Some of the neighborhoods might be old and look worse for the wear, but Norman is one of the safest and most welcome places to live.

Crime is not dictated by money or lack there of.

Just remember: Don't judge a book by it's cover.

7. Default Re: Apartments...

If someone is scared of the east side its probably because of that series of rapes that happened in that apartment complex on the east side.

Quote Originally Posted by EDFMedia View Post
    There isn't anything in Norman that is scary. Some of the neighborhoods might be old and look worse for the wear, but Norman is one of the safest and most welcome places to live.

Crime is not dictated by money or lack there of.

Just remember: Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Crime is not dictated by money of lack thereof? I have to disagree to some extent. Of course, your idea of 'scary' may be very different from mine. I just started this thread to see if anyone could make recommendations-- if you'd like to tell me what is and what isn't, please save it for another discussion.

Thread Information