Widgets Magazine
Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2575120121122123124125
Results 3,101 to 3,119 of 3119

Thread: First National Center

Blog Entries

Default Re: First National Center

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    In other news, First National was the destination for the post NBA Draft press conference. Imagine the impression this place left on our new rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Can I just say from the still picture of this youtube video, these kids both look like they're in their late 20s lolol. A ton of NBA rookies look like they're still in high school (considering how many are only 2 or 3 years out it makes sense)

4. Default Re: First National Center

Another nice write-up in Travel and Leisure: https://www.travelandleisure.com/the...review-8417803

Very nice! After spending an evening at the National myself, l can vouch forvthevreview

This is such a stunning renovation! Does not feel like it is in OKC. More New York. OKC is lucky to have this in the heart of downtown!

They announced the opening of King Ranch store on their FB page.

Stores like King Rach or Lucchese can't have THAT large of a market, right? Seems like those would fit better in the Stockyards area, not in a business area. But what do I know.

Those are more high end retailers that would not do well in the Stockyards. I believe they’re counting on
    Hotel/out of towners shopping there.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Stores like King Rach or Lucchese can't have THAT large of a market, right? Seems like those would fit better in the Stockyards area, not in a business area. But what do I know.
    The income level of people staying at First National is probably the highest in the city. They don't stay in the Stockyards.

That's why it works.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    The income level of people staying at First National is probably the highest in the city. They don't stay in the Stockyards.

That's why it works.
    We shall find out. King Ranch only just opened. Can just imagine the wealthy businessmen and executives staying there buying their fancy saddles. Lol

We shall find out. King Ranch only just opened. Can just imagine the wealthy businessmen and executives staying there buying their fancy saddles. Lol
    I see they said it’s now open, but I just walked by and it appears it’s still being built out. They were painting in the store today (entire hall of first national had the fumes)

Are they open in a temporary location? Doesn’t seem their permanent location is ready

the 4 saddles they still sell ... compared to the 1000+ other sku's

lol

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the 4 saddles they still sell ... compared to the 1000+ other sku's

lol
    Yeah, the “Saddle Shop” part of the name is slightly misleading. Most of their products would look very out of place on a horse.

I think the market for western wear seems more niche to those not drawn to that lifestyle than what it actually is. Obviously stores where their “basic” merchandise starts at $300 and can easily creep into the $1,000+ range is going to be niche in some sense, but considering First National is more or less the premier to-do building in the heart of a city well known for its western culture, I think it’s a nice touch.

15. Default Re: First National Center

Visitors to OKC are often fascinated by western stuff. The Red Earth gift shop and art gallery have thrived for years, only a block from this location, and that’s before FNC came online. Nice upscale can successfully exist also; look no further than B.C. Clark. And again, visitors are anxious to buy things to remember their trip to/through “the west,” and no visitors to OKC can better afford $1000+ cowboy boots than guests staying in places like FNC, Sheridan, Colcord, etc.

King Ranch and Lucchese do not cater to **** kickers, they cater to the reasonably well to do. Horse people are in this city all the time, they all mostly have good money, and they often stay at The National, Colcord, Skirvin, and other downtown hotels. It is an absolute no brainer for these specialty shops to locate in close proximity to their actual customers.

Blog Entries

There is a great book on markets and marketing titled "The Long Tail". It illustrates that markets aren't one big market but an almost infinite subsets of markets. You have to draw boundaries around which you serve according to how you can reach them and the efficiency/cost of doing so. There is no homogenous "cowboy" market. As pointed out, there are affluent cowboys/girls and wannabes and the everyday farmers, cowboys/girls, and the kickers. Not all covered under the same brush stroke.

I'm excited about the King Ranch store. I used to get their magazine after I bought an F150 King Ranch, and always really liked their stuff, but too pricey to buy through a magazine. I'll have to check it out next month when we stay at the Colcord.

Back in September of 2022, I had some co-workers from Houston come in for work and I needed to find things to do between their flight getting in (9am) and lunch at 12:30. I took them downtown, into The National and then to Lucchese where they loved looking at boots. A few weeks later, one of them paid me to buy them and send them to him. It was a pair they didn't carry online.

Thread Information