Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131459 ... LastLast

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: Midtown Update!!

I think it would be cool to do a Maker's Midtown. Not sure if the owners would do something like that, but just a thought.

There is a new "Gallery" sign in front of the building just east of Plaza Court. From what I could see as I drove by, it looks like the gallery might be occupying the upstairs portion of the building. That's all I know for now, just wanted to pass along the update.

Does anyone know if there are any plans for use of the building right by 1492, and I do not mean the one where the Sushi restaurant is going. Last I heard I thought that all those buildings were leased out, but I haven't seen work on that one building in several months.

Banta still has that building listed for lease on their website under the Retail/Restaurant section. I checked the building permits, and there was a permit accepted today. The Applicant is Design+Build Group, whose sign has been in the window for a while now. Hopefully we'll see some work soon!

A deli is scheduled to go in this building. They are hoping to be opened by the end of October.

yeah, what trison said, DBG is doing the work on it.

7. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by trison View Post
    A deli is scheduled to go in this building. They are hoping to be opened by the end of October.
    That's exciting. There aren't enough good delis in this city, and to have one in Midtown will be excellent.

I drove by Plaza Court and down Walker earlier today, looks like the small retail space just north of McNellies has been rented out as suspected. The For Lease signs are down and it appears some sheetrock/painting has been done. I also saw a couple of designers in their jotting down ideas and pointing out things. Hopefully it will be a Jamba Juice or something similar as rumored.

10. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Midtown needs a Saturn Grill.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I drove by Plaza Court and down Walker earlier today.......... I also saw a couple of designers in their jotting down ideas and pointing out things.
    I drove by a couple guys on the street the other day that were talking and using hand gestures and body language.... it was pretty obvious they knew something about some HUGE new development!

heheh....metro I get such a kick out of you!

12. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Rofl

This is very bad news IMO... We were hoping the Banta spin-off would result in two developing entities in Midtown, now it looks like both may be out:

Midtown buildings for sale
    August 29th, 2008 · No Comments

Following the recent news that Greg Banta parted ways with his Midtown Renaissance partnership to pursue other projects, it appears that a number of Banta’s midtown buildings have been placed on the market for sale. A recent search of office buildings for sale on Loopnet found six of Banta’s midtown Oklahoma City properties available for sale. These properties are 1100 and 1101 N. Broadway, The Guardian buildng at 1117 N. Robinson, The Shartel Professional Building at 1226 N. Shartel, Hadden Hall at 215 NW 10th, and 901 NW 13th.

It is unknown if these listings are the byproduct of Banta’s exit from his midtown partnership. According to Loopnet, these properties were listed on June 18 of this year, which was about a month before news leaked of Banta’s departure. No matter the reasoning, Banta is offering these buildings as a tremendous opportunity for another investor or developer to step up to the plate and have an opportunity to be a part of one of the key areas of redevelopment Oklahoma City is currently experiencing. There are those that are concerned about Banta’s exit and those concerns are justified; however, one can look at the flip side and see that Banta’s exit from midtown could be a benefit for the area by opening the doors for more developers and investors to carry on the vision that Banta casted for the area.

I hope other investors will see the opportunity, snap them up, and develop them properly.

15. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Well this isn't particularly good news.

I wonder about the Osler, Packard, Marion and Cline.

Steve Mason - you out there?

Since Banta's sale of properties is a big development, I'm creating a new thread titled "Midtown Properties For Sale." Mods: Delete if you think that it's extra clutter on OKC Talk, but I thought that it merited a new thread separate from this one, now 18 months old. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    Since Banta's sale of properties is a big development, I'm creating a new thread titled "Midtown Properties For Sale." Mods: Delete if you think that it's extra clutter on OKC Talk, but I thought that it merited a new thread separate from this one, now 18 months old. Thx.
    We'll see what metro says.

(just kidding)

Well I noticed that small retail space just north of McNellies is not the Jamba Juice some rumored it to be. It is a consulting firm going in there. If memory serves right it was like GBH consulting or something like that....

19. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Don't be so certain all these properties are still for sale. Let's see if this "old media" dog is able to get to the bottom of all this.

20. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Don't be so certain all these properties are still for sale. Let's see if this "old media" dog is able to get to the bottom of all this.
    It must fit right in to you old-guard, liberal, elitist agenda then, Steve. I mean COME! ONNNNNNN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Well I noticed that small retail space just north of McNellies is not the Jamba Juice some rumored it to be. It is a consulting firm going in there. If memory serves right it was like GBH consulting or something like that....
    I talked to the people at Jamba Juice and was told that they have no plans to put a store in in Midtown or downtown. Their next one will be in the shopping center off Classen and NW Expressway. I told him there was a big market downtown and they needed to think seriously about it, but I'm not sure he believed me.

22. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I told him there was a big market downtown and they needed to think seriously about it, but I'm not sure he believed me.
    Where has this guy been?

23. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Where has this guy been?
    Most people have no clue.

24. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

I thought the downtown resurgance, with the NBA and Bricktown all... How do you not know about all that?

25. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I thought the downtown resurgance, with the NBA and Bricktown all... How do you not know about all that?
    People know about the NBA and Bricktown, but that's about it. Most don't really have an idea of the momentum going in all parts of downtown.

Thread Information