Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 95 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181964 ... LastLast

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

Mode homes will be urban infill..contemporary design. They'll fit in with the SoSA area well.

1212 Walker

2. Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

I checked in with Midtown Redevelopment and there isn't currently a start date for work on 1212. They expect a late 2010 or 2011 opening, though.

3. Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

The good news on Palo Duro II is that it's being built right up to the corner.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

4. Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    The good news on Palo Duro II is that it's being built right up to the corner.
    Does anyone know what it's going to look like?

5. Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

Now that's more along the lines of the development we yearn to see in MidTown..

We'll just have to see if it looks like that when they are done.

Tsk tsk. Let's not let a woefully inordinate amount of underwhelming crappy projects ruin our excitement over future prospects!

(Funny thing is, I'm a fan of Legacy, and was a fan of Overholser until it never got off..and there are a lot of projects that ppl here like that I've always hated, esp the Community Foundation, and anything Lower Bricktown.)

Here's an interesting article by Steve about Midtown and the old Red Cross building on 10th St..

NewsOK

Yeah I finally got a chance to read the article. See this is not an actual development, though. It's a rendering illustrating what kind of development that the city would like to see on the site once they demo the old Red Cross bldg. I still applaud the city for being proactive in pushing for progress on 10th Street. Preservation is not fighting for EVERY history building, just the ones that are worthwhile, which is arguably a majority still.

11. Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

Quote Originally Posted by shane453 View Post
    WHOA whoa whoa. That is NOT Palo Duro II. Did you even read the article?
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

12. Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

WHOA whoa whoa. That is NOT Palo Duro II. Did you even read the article?
    Sorry, I should have explained my post... I was too lazy to copy/paste text from the article, but I just meant to add that article to the thread about midtown development potential, wasn't answering in reply to palo duro. I even read the whole article and I think I even understand it! Pinky promise.

Yeah Palo Duro will be rather on the plain side, but that's not too bad. At least the site is oriented towards the street. That's urban. No harm, no foul.

14. Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

Have you seen a rendering of Palo Duro II, Spartan?

Quote Originally Posted by shane453 View Post
    Sorry, I should have explained my post... I was too lazy to copy/paste text from the article, but I just meant to add that article to the thread about midtown development potential, wasn't answering in reply to palo duro. I even read the whole article and I think I even understand it! Pinky promise.
    No problem. Your post was immediately after someone asking what Palo Duro II would look like, so it appeared you were answering that question.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

15. Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

Have you seen a rendering of Palo Duro II, Spartan?
    I am almost positive that I saw construction photos of Palo Duro II in an OKC meeting agenda while I was doing my monthly check the other day, but when I tried to find it again after it was mentioned here, to see if there were renderings included I couldn't find it, and I can't remember which committee it was.

They're called the Palo Duro Apartments, at 409 NW 11th..
    Palo Duro Apartments, Oklahoma City OK 73103 -- MerchantCircle.com

This link says 22 mentally ill tenants..
    http://www.okc.gov/AgendaPub/cache/2...9085251596.PDF

Can't find anything else on them..which can't be a good thing. All I can tell about it is from the building going up right now.

a couple of things

1. no work as started yet on 1212 walker
    2. the Palo Duro 2 will look very much like Palo duro 1
    3. the restraunt on the corner on walker and 11th (next to 1492) will be a pizza/itailian place and work is under way on the renovation

4. If they develop the entire block at 10th and harvy that would be huge for the entire midtown area

Then I guess the 1212 developers (I assume Clagg and Howard) have inherited a bldg that's already been gutted and torn up on the inside.

BoulderSooner, wasn't there a restaurant next to 1492 that opened about the same time? Or plans to open a restaurant there or something..trying to remember has been bothering me since I went by there and took the pictures. It was one of the original plans Banta followed out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Then I guess the 1212 developers (I assume Clagg and Howard) have inherited a bldg that's already been gutted and torn up on the inside.

BoulderSooner, wasn't there a restaurant next to 1492 that opened about the same time? Or plans to open a restaurant there or something..trying to remember has been bothering me since I went by there and took the pictures. It was one of the original plans Banta followed out on.
    on the north side of 1492 in midtown deli then further north is meg guess bridal

the spot on the corner was going to be gaigen sushi and work had started on the inside. That fell threw and the new tentents have enlarged the building a little bit on the south side and pulled up some pavement on the north for a walk in Freezer/Fridge. They are really just now ramping up the inside (having removed the framed out sushi bar in the middle) they had plans to open in Feb but i would guess they are a little behind schedule...

Gaijen Sushi..thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    As with every Banta building.

Is 1212 the building across the street from McNellie's / 1492? If so, I think that building has a lot of potential. I actually would be interested in living there, which hasn't been the case with other downtown developments. Hopefully they'll go with modern interiors. Any idea if it's going to be condos or rental property?

Maybe it's just me, but when I think of what I would like to see our downtown evolve into I have a much better opinion of Midtown than I do Bricktown. Midtown is just so much more organic and has more of a true urban feel.

Inherited "Bantas" bldg.? More like they financed him and owned it to begin with

Dismayed, I don't know any more than you do about this, but I wouldn't bet on condos in any sort of capacity anytime in the foreseeable future. The FHA is requiring developers to front at least 30% of a project's cost with the developer's own money (or money he can obtain elsewhere) in order to obtain financing.

I think Midtown's probably a good gamble, but you're likely not going to find anyone with enough liquid net worth who is willing to take such an enormous gamble with their own money. So condo projects are pretty much dead right now and will be until that rule is changed.

25. Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

You're right, Midtowner. Apartments are a different deal, and I think they'll be fine in MidTown.

Thread Information