Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post non-Oklahoma media comments about OKC hosting the Big 12 Tourney here...

Default Re: Post non-Oklahoma media comments about OKC hosting the Big 12 Tourney here...

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    How about Norman hosting the football game every now and then. I think they could do well.
    There is a specific Big XII rule that no Championship can be played at a Home venue for one of it's member institutions......

2. Default Re: Post non-Oklahoma media comments about OKC hosting the Big 12 Tourney here...

Yeah, it would seem Denver and St. Louis could care less.

Default Re: Post non-Oklahoma media comments about OKC hosting the Big 12 Tourney here...

How long will it take us to out do this monster?

Power and Light District

4. Default Re: Post non-Oklahoma media comments about OKC hosting the Big 12 Tourney here...

Reminds me a lot of the Triangle actually.

Only it's Cordish.

(sheds a small tear)

Very nice. Reminds me of Downtown Disney. According to Wikipedia only certain sections of the P&L District will be ready in 2007.

As for OKC, I think with Bricktown, the Ballpark development, the Triangle Development and some of the other projects in the works, there will be a lot more retail and entertainment between I-235 and downtown. Plus, Bricktown already exists. The P&L district doesn't yet.

I can see OKC still very much in the rotation of things with the Big 12. And who knows what other doors the Tournament opened for OKC.

Bricktown could easily out do it in a short amount of time, but it looks like it is much better planned, more dense with more retail and less surface parking, so it could just as easily leap frog bricktown in a hurry. It will always be a bit less "organic", but we passed on the opportunity to build a similar comprehensive development in lower bricktown. It looks like it will be a big success, but given bricktown's development history, it seems that the city didn't want something like that. Why not? I have no idea, but that's how it's unfolded.

I have stated this before, but I would like to see us build a dome stadium for MAPS 3. I think it could be located where the new convention center is being planned once I-40 is relocated. A dome could be used as a convention center as well as a football arena, much like in St. Louis, or San Antonio.

With Okc having a dome stadium right in the middle of downtown, we could then attract the Big 12 football championship game along with having more space to attract larger conventions. It would be a dual purpose dome building.

Okc needs to keep the momentum rolling and don't look back.

9. Default Re: Post non-Oklahoma media comments about OKC hosting the Big 12 Tourney here...

oh! that makes me green with envy..

Shopping galore, comedy clubs, a covered night time venue for concerts.. I'm so jealous.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Thread Information