Widgets Magazine

Thread: Dirt work at I-35 and hwy 77!

1. Default Dirt work at I-35 and hwy 77!

Does anybody know what is going on on the west side of 77 just south of the I-35/77 interchange? tons of brush has been cleared. It's the area between 77 and I-35 behind (north of) the big gymnastics place.

Default Re: Dirt work at I-35 and hwy 77!

No idea..but I'm interested as well.

3. Default Re: Dirt work at I-35 and hwy 77!

Anybody out there know anything about this?

4. Default Re: Dirt work at I-35 and hwy 77!

Wasn't there suppose to be another Big Box church place going up around there?

if there are any signs posted, then I'm really in need of new eyewear

Ok, either I've cleaned my glasses, or a sign has gone up since Wed. past. I saw a sign today, fairly small, but I don't recall it from before. It noted Norman Christian Academy.

I had heard about a news story on one of the local channels recently saying something about a prison possibly in that area

Quote Originally Posted by palintheus View Post
    I had heard about a news story on one of the local channels recently saying something about a prison possibly in that area
    You mean a jail?

That'd be an awfully strange place to put a prison... or a jail for that matter. I'd think a jail would be built out in the Tecumseh/I-35 area near the juvenile facility.

9. Default Re: Dirt work at I-35 and hwy 77!

I dont think they ever nailed down the area for the new Cleveland County Jail - if it happens at all. It was suppose to be somewhere between Indian Hill and Tecumseh.

A potential location for a new Cleveland County jail was East of Flood, closer to the tracks off Franklin, if memory serves. The county bought the property from Johnson Controls, for future uses even if a jail is not constructed on the spot. This is not the property that is subject of this thread, so far as i know.

Some folks at 4th and Plum also got involved and rattled sabers, er, um, introduced a bit of legislation. I seem to recall it went off into soundbite land shortly after the cameras were lights out (as is often the case on make a point saber rattlin' type items.)

Thread Information