Widgets Magazine

Thread: McDonalds west side

1. Default McDonalds west side

Anyone notice the McD's, South of sooner mall, has been torn down, I didn't care for that location, it was a pain to get into.

2. Default Re: McDonalds west side

Quote Originally Posted by davido View Post
    Anyone notice the McD's, South of sooner mall, has been torn down, I didn't care for that location, it was a pain to get into.
    It is probably being rebuilt. McDonalds is converting their locations to the new look, which includes wireless internet. If you drive past the one just west of SW 134 and Western, it will give you an idea what it will look like. From what i understand, all McDonalds will be converted.

3. Default Re: McDonalds west side

I was told from someone that had some connection to the owner that it was getting rebuilt. If you ever went in there, did you notice that it was huge inside. Obviously old. And the green indoor outdoor carpet feature where the play place used to be was quite a nice draw as well! (sarcasm!)

With that being such a big intersection, it will be nice to have that new building there. With the new BJ's, that should all look nice there. Maybe that sprint building will finally get another tenant. That other half has been empty for years.

4. Default Re: McDonalds west side

They tore it down to rebuilt with a new look and add a play place like the one on alameda.

Default Re: McDonalds west side

It's easier to go to the location of west Lindsey when coming off I35. The only problem is that the location is not next to the interstate.

the new concept of McDonald's is like Starbucks.... trendy furniture and Wifi and a place to hang out..... I would assume it will be done this way.

Is McD's offering free wi-fi now or do you still have to pay?

What would really make that area look better (new buildings are a good start) is if they'd figure out the problem with the pond or whatever they call it. It can't be that difficult to figure out a way to get it to retain water.

8. Default Re: McDonalds west side

Just found out it caught fire and burned so they tore it down, is the reason behind all this.

9. Default Re: McDonalds west side

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Is McD's offering free wi-fi now or do you still have to pay?

What would really make that area look better (new buildings are a good start) is if they'd figure out the problem with the pond or whatever they call it. It can't be that difficult to figure out a way to get it to retain water.
    That is bascially what i said in an earlier post.

10. Default Re: McDonalds west side

That is bascially what i said in an earlier post.
    Actually, no you didn't.

It is probably being rebuilt. McDonalds is converting their locations to the new look, which includes wireless internet.
    He is asking if you still have to pay or if it is Free? That question still remains unanswered.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

11. Default Re: McDonalds west side

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    Actually, no you didn't.

He is asking if you still have to pay or if it is Free? That question still remains unanswered.
    "McDonalds is converting their locations to the new look, which includes wireless internet. "

This is the quote from my other post. I believe I was correct in the post you cited. And, yes. I believe the internet is free to customers.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    you must have not been there in a while. They have renovated the "pond" and it now not only has water in it.... it looks nice too.....

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    you must have not been there in a while. They have renovated the "pond" and it now not only has water in it.... it looks nice too.....
    I drive by it twice a day as I go to and from work on I-35. I guess I just haven't been paying attention. That's cool if they've finally got that all sorted out.

And I hope the wi-fi is free. I remember last April when I finally went from desktop to laptop, McD's charged for wi-fi so I went to Panera (just for wi-fi, I think their food prices are too high imo) and Krispy Kreme (which is no longer there) to use wi-fi.

Saying that there will be wireless internet doesn't necessarily mean it is for FREE. You can still have wireless internet and it costs. I'm pretty sure it will still cost, unless McDonalds changes all of their stores..but as for 2 days ago, I went to the one off of 19th in Moore and it had little free handouts about the 2 dollars and something cents wifi. I'm guessing that was monthly?

Also..does the burger king in Norman have free wi-fi? Because i've seen others that say they do (Ada, Ardmore)..but I couldn't get mine to work at the one in Ada..but that's kind of beside the point..haha.

And while Krispy Kreme was mentioned...what on earth happened there? And what is this new innovative concept they're coming up with, and will there be another in Norman? Its so hard for me to believe they ran out of business..especially after people lined up for so long when it opened.

15. Default Re: McDonalds west side

I saw a Mcdonalds sign somewhere on the way to Sooner Fashion Mall and it said something along the lines of sorry we're closed will reopen in April

Thread Information