Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: What would you replace Heritage Park Mall with?

1. Default Re: What would you replace Heritage Park Mall with?

Really? So all the other businesses in the area are crap huh? I just will not understand why anyone feels like this is a bad area. There aren't any abandoned buildings....not one. Pep Boys is being converted to something, and it was the only empty place around. Let's go through the list, shall we?

Del Rancho / Popoeys - It's Basil now and it's more sucessful than anything else that was ever there.
    Captain D's - It's a very nice looking State Farm insurance office, way better looking.
    K-Mart - Anthony's, which is doing just fine there.
    Pep Boys - It's being convereted to a medical facility, short-term rehab or something like that
    Circuit City - It's been a Goodwill facility for years and years now. I don't understand the issue people have with this place...if you don't want to shop there...don't.

OK, so find the empty store there in the list that makes this a dead zone. I don't see one anywhere.

And FYI - Big Lots is the same junk you'll find at a normal store...just cheaper, so don't act like you're above it because you buy the same junk. I bought 2 Zero-Gravity chairs at Big lots for $35 each while on the same weekend, Kohl's was selling the same EXACT chair for $99. Tell me why Big Lots is crap again?

Default Re: What would you replace Heritage Park Mall with?

bombermwc, I don't know much about your community, other than I've met some nice folks from there over the years.
    FWIW, what you've laid out does seem far removed from a dead zone.

bombermwc - I agree. I think that the hulking mass of the former HPM is what leads to the overall perception. I've shopped at almost all of the above - just haven't tried Basil yet.
    And don't forget Office Depot - a lot better prices/selection than WallyWorld for most office supplies. Not at all dead, but could use some cleanup and bulldozer on NW corner of AD/Reno.

4. Default Re: What would you replace Heritage Park Mall with?

Basil is basically dead. I never see any traffic there.

Westlake Ace Hardware does pretty good over there. And Pelican's and Checkerboard Cafe seem to have plenty of customers.

6. Default Re: What would you replace Heritage Park Mall with?

Thunder, then you aren't looking. Ever been around on a sunday afternoon either? You can't even find a table. It's actually doing just fine....why am I not surprised you would be the one offering the opposite view...which happens to be inaccurate...hmm.

7. Default Re: What would you replace Heritage Park Mall with?

I go by every Sunday between 4:30 and 5:00, still empty over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I go by every Sunday between 4:30 and 5:00, still empty over there.
    I'm not a MWC fan by any means, but come on Thunder that's the deadest time for ANY restaurant. Hardly anyone eats during that time frame. Most restaurants are busy during lunch and dinner hours, not the in between hours.

Well, though not a MWC person, I do not think that intersection nor the area around it is any where near dead. Still lots of potential and I really like the new Checkerboard restaurant.
    Sears will always get my business

Thread Information