Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 23 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: REHCO / Former Downtown Ford site

Far North REHCO / Former Downtown Ford site

Steve brightened my night even more with this story

http://www.newsok.com/bob-howard-dow...ad_story_title

Houston-based Group 1 confirmed Friday it is closing Bob Howard Downtown Ford, clearing the way for plans by property owners Fred Hall and Bob Howard to develop a mix of housing and retail.

Read more: http://newsok.com/bob-howard-downtow...#ixzz15mzVtC00
    Last edited by Pete; 02-07-2011 at 04:09 PM. Reason: clarification of subject

Default Re: New Downtown Housing/Retail on The Way

Hmmmm.....future highrise?not a bad location for one!

Very nice...wouldn't say that lot was an eyesore but it certainly doesn't enhance the area

Great news, can't wait to see the plans!

A highrise across the park from Devon would be very successful.

Can't wait to see the plans. More people = even more restaurants and amenties downtown, potentially including a grocery store. Not to mention it won't be hard to improve the aesthetics of that block.

The area I really see taking off after Devon is done is the Main Street row of [vacant] shops between Hudson and Walker. An Irish Pub or a Brooks Brothers couldn't help but be successful there.

This could be really exciting if done well. Hopefully, they'll have a nice pub or bar on the side closest to OKC Arena b/c they could get a lot business. There's nothing right by the arena now...

^^Agreed!I didnt even stop to think of that but it's a great idea!

While this is poised to be yet another high-priced residential complex, it's great to see some new developments going up near the future park area!

Brooks bros, high rise...I always love the speculation. This does have incredible potential though. Probably the greatest downtown location for a retail residential development, or any development for that matter. A definite prime piece of real estate

very good news! can't wait to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyCornett View Post
    While this is poised to be yet another high-priced residential complex, it's great to see some new developments going up near the future park area!
    I suspect this will be the highest priced, the way it will be located between both parks. Still, our per square foot housing prices in Oklahoma City are far lower than almost anywhere else, even our highest-priced neighborhoods. One of the prices of moving up is that housing prices will move up as well. And, since we have chosen a capitalist economy, there will always be homes and goods out of reach for most of us. Still, I look forward to the possibility of watching a building like that built.

I think it would actually be a great location for a hotel.

Why not both, with the prime real estate they would be shortsighted and foolish not to consider having a full service hotel with a large number of rooms as the podium of the building with a named restaurant and a public Bar, and then add the residential part as the tower element above.

16. Default Re: New Downtown Housing/Retail on The Way

ya, the space is big enough for several buildings, you wouldn't want to put just one residential tower or one hotel or whatever on 3 square city blocks. .....

I think the land could support quite a wealth of development and it should be done right since it will be downtown's new centre.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

17. Default Re: New Downtown Housing/Retail on The Way

W hotel and residences

Hopefully they do it right, anything less than 15 stories wouldn't be wasting that prime location.

Zimmer Gunsal would be a good architect to design the development, the are known for good residential/condo development www.zgf.com

I have a question for anyone who could possibly answer it!Is there a market or need for a 30-40 story residential tower like you see in other large cities?

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    I have a question for anyone who could possibly answer it!Is there a market or need for a 30-40 story residential tower like you see in other large cities?
    I don't think so, the downtown area can't support that tall of a residential tower at it's current state, now if more commercial towers are built, and are high paying jobs in those commercial towers, then yes, 15-20 stories is more feasible right now.

If it hits the right price points it could meet demand. It is also possible that a 30 story tower could also house a hotel and apartments. This site is pretty big so they could get a lot on it if they want. With parks on both sides I sure hope they don't do a lot of green space on the site. I could see a 20 story hotel, a 15 story residential tower and a multi-level retail/parking structure.

I've brought this up in another thread but something like Branson Landing in Branson, MO would do really well in OKC IMO.

http://www.bransonlanding.com/

The hotel is actually above the shopping and dining.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    I've brought this up in another thread but something like Branson Landing in Branson, MO would do really well in OKC IMO.

http://www.bransonlanding.com/

The hotel is actually above the shopping and dining.
    I would soil myself if something like that got built.

Steve,

Does the new development have financing locked in?

Thread Information