Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11565758596061
Results 1,501 to 1,506 of 1506

Default Re: Chesapeake empire marches on

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I can't help but look at that and wonder to myself why a corporate campus needs a soccer field and track. A corporate gym, sure, but a full track and field environment?

Feels like a metaphor for this entire development.

^

There is a parking garage underneath that field/track so pretty expensive piece of development right there.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I can't help but look at that and wonder to myself why a corporate campus needs a soccer field and track. A corporate gym, sure, but a full track and field environment?
    I can see it for a big enough campus. I like to run, but I absolutely hate the treadmill. I run in my neighborhood, but it could really be nice to run somewhere without having to worry about traffic and being able to just listen to my headphones. Being able to run before or after work and taking a shower at the gym there would be a very nice perks, and even with running around the neighborhood it's nice to have a measured track for doing speed work.

A soccer field is also a nice option for intramural sports, letting coworkers blow off steam, letting employees coach a kids team there, sponsoring a local team, etc.

Reminder they also own the property on the west side of Western which has an even longer track and bigger playfield.

Or why, at one time, CHK had not one but two full-time beekeepers on the payroll.

Blog Entries

Shoot, I used to do business with a company in Columbus that had their own golf course plus gym, workout facilities, etc. They gave employees 4 hours a week of paid time there. They had VERY loyal employees. Just like Aubrey believed you provided these sorts of amenities to be able to recruit and keep good employees. I would rather companies did soccer and track facilities than just focus on giving executives country club memberships.

Thread Information