Widgets Magazine

Thread: a la mode software....OKC co big player in real estate?

Default a la mode software....OKC co big player in real estate?

Was browsing the 'net the other day about some real-estate stuff and happened to come across a reference to an OKC-based company that apparently provides some cool automation tools/software/services for the real estate industry.

Haven't really heard much about them...anyone familiar with them? Just kinda cool that an OKC company seems to be developing a high-profile image in the tech world...

Just curious if anyone knew anything else about them..

-SD

Default Re: a la mode software....OKC co big player in real estate?

several years ago i looked into working for them... they have good pay and benefits but are considered a sweatshop for software engineers. some former colleagues that have worked there inform me that they've got cots so you can sleep at the office... that's not for me.

as for their actual products... i'm not sure, i've never really seen anything they produce. -M

yep... I've pretty much heard the same thing from current coworkers that have worked there in the past.

Not much to add, but my wife went on a business call there and said the inside is cool as hel*

Hope this vital info helps out someone

MadMonk Guest

It's getting a reputation alright. I have a friend that worked there in a systems administration capability for a couple of years. From all the horror stories he used to relay, it's definitely not a fun place to work. The cots story is true and they are expected to be used.

The cots story is true and they are expected to be used
    Yikes. Been there, done that, no thanks.

-SoonerDave

7. Default Re: a la mode software....OKC co big player in real estate?

I've used the software and have created a few websites from it.. they have a nice selection of user friendly themes and it is relatively simple to use.

Not sure about working for the company but the reps always seem very happy and very helpful.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

They are THE player in real estate soltware. There isn't any company close to what they do. They have the lionshare of the market cornered. I haven't heard to much about there operations. I've talked with a few sales reps and they love it and the pay is great. I considered working there a few weeks back.

Cots in the back room for sleeping is enough to keep me away, lol.

I worked at a job like that once, and my experience then was if you gave 11 hours, why wasn't it 12...if you gave 12 hours, why wasn't it 13...etc., had no problem working you to burnout. I have no idea if that's the case with this company, but when I saw that it made me shudder a bit.

If you're single and don't mind the time commitment, it can be a gold mine.

-sd

10. Default Re: a la mode software....OKC co big player in real estate?

Their facilities are really great. Dave Biggers <sp> I believe is the owner of the company and use to have perks for top sales associates that they get to take his Viper our for a spin for an evening (its parked in the company building). However, the sweat shop stories are very accurate. Once you sign on, you are expected to devote your life to them. The pay is okay...starting around $10/hr for tech guys, sales are heavily commission based. Last I heard a lot of sales goals are way out there...but they do control around 60-70% of the market.

I've got a friend who has a site built using their software. I helped him get his site moved over and email configured with them. Their support in getting him moved was alright. An example site of theirs is http://www.americanhomelenders.com
    One of their mortgage sites. My friend loves the software. It's helped them become more productive.
    As for working for the company. I've seen the perks with working there. Even had an interview for a sys admin spot, but got a better offer. I think the perks are very appealing, but yes the pay is entry level.

But maybe not bad for those wanting to break into the IT field.

12. Default Re: a la mode software....OKC co big player in real estate?

Did I miss where someone mentioned the name of this mysterious company?

The name of the company is "a la mode" software.

-SoonerDave

ive never heard of that company but i have heard of another tech company based in okc called digital tutors... they specialize in 3d software tutorials and have been used by companies such as pixar, ea games, and weta studios (who did the speacial effects in the lord of the rings movies and the king kong movie)

I worked at a la mode back in the late 90s, it wasn't a fun company to work for as far as tech support went. But yes, they are the leading software maker for Appraisers.

16. Default Re: a la mode software....OKC co big player in real estate?

Sorry, the unusual name and lack of caps threw me off.

they don't use caps in their name.

18. Default Re: a la mode software....OKC co big player in real estate?

19. Default Re: a la mode software....OKC co big player in real estate?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave
    Was browsing the 'net the other day about some real-estate stuff and happened to come across a reference to an OKC-based company that apparently provides some cool automation tools/software/services for the real estate industry.

Haven't really heard much about them...anyone familiar with them? Just kinda cool that an OKC company seems to be developing a high-profile image in the tech world...

Just curious if anyone knew anything else about them..

-SD
    My husband works for A La Mode. It is a great company that offers software to real estate appraisers, realtors, and lending institutions. If you are interested in learing more or if you have specific questions, please feel free to ask, and I will pass your questions along to my husband. They are very innovative, and a great company to work for.

20. Talking Re: a la mode software....OKC co big player in real estate?

Perhaps a little off-topic but

OK everyone, for those of you who dont think OKC is making moves up on the hip/popularity listings of the nation;

check out what I found from the BPM SpinFactor from XM Radio (BPM-81) http://www.xmradio.com/pdf/bpm_chart.pdf - look especially at page 3 on; OKC is listed with the big boys for the DJ sets!

For those of you who dont know, XM-Radio is a sattelite based radio service where you subscribe. BPM-81 is one of their channels, where they play non-stop Dance music and DJ sets.

Now tell me you'd see OKC in a listing for Dance DJ sets prior to the year 2000?? I see OKC only moving forward and along with the A La Mode's and other hip/high tech businesses - the creative class will grow here and OKC will continue to move up the urban "hip" factor.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

21. Default Re: a la mode software....OKC co big player in real estate?

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD
    Perhaps a little off-topic but

OK everyone, for those of you who dont think OKC is making moves up on the hip/popularity listings of the nation;

check out what I found from the BPM SpinFactor from XM Radio (BPM-81) http://www.xmradio.com/pdf/bpm_chart.pdf - look especially at page 3 on; OKC is listed with the big boys for the DJ sets!

For those of you who dont know, XM-Radio is a sattelite based radio service where you subscribe. BPM-81 is one of their channels, where they play non-stop Dance music and DJ sets.

Now tell me you'd see OKC in a listing for Dance DJ sets prior to the year 2000?? I see OKC only moving forward and along with the A La Mode's and other hip/high tech businesses - the creative class will grow here and OKC will continue to move up the urban "hip" factor.
    OKC is listed because they are showing the time zones and what cities reside in those time zones. Yes its neat to see our city listed but no DJ's are actually performing those shows here. But we do have some Okies that play on XM BPM. Saul V (www.myspace.com/saulv) (http://www.thedjlist.com/djs/SAUL_V/) from Venu in Bricktown has/had alot of DJ sets on XM BPM before.

I have spoke with Marcus McBride who DJ's alot on BPM (http://marcusmcbride.com/) and he has family in Edmond. I am trying to get him to come to OKC and DJ for us.

22. Default Re: a la mode software....OKC co big player in real estate?

right, I was just surprised to see OKC listed when they could have selected some other Central city. Also, maybe perhaps OKC has a rather large subscribership to BMP.

and yes, I know about Marcus McBride. I am so proud of OKC and hope the DJ's get to the city often so we can hear more of OKC during the BPM Bullet points and concert announcements.

I heard OKC listed with the big boys back in the summer a few times( I forget which dj or dance music performer came to town), and I was so proud.

I hope it continues. OKC, support Hi-NRG dance, dj, house music, and techno!!!!!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information