Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted's Cafe Escondido

1. Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    As I know nothing about journalism, what is the preferred way of reporting a direct quote from a press release? Would it simply be to cite the press release and then provide the quote?

If I were writing an article I'd have done it that same way. I've honestly never even thought about it.
    Generally you are going to copy it word for word you cite it as a Press Release. Most times you want to put your own voice in the story, follow up with people in the press release and get your own quotes and then make sure the press release is factual.

In reality you shouldn't even need a press release. You want to be ahead of them and get that information for yourself. When it comes to things like restaurants that can be different but I am speaking from a journalism and news standpoint.

Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

As I know nothing about journalism, what is the preferred way of reporting a direct quote from a press release? Would it simply be to cite the press release and then provide the quote?

If I were writing an article I'd have done it that same way. I've honestly never even thought about it.
    You write, as everyone does, 'in a statement' or something similar.

You do not cut and paste from a press release without identifying the source. It's plagiarism, pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You write, as everyone does, 'in a statement' or something similar.

You do not cut and paste from a press release without identifying the source. It's plagiarism, pure and simple.
    Bingo. https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2019...se-plagiarism/

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Ugh, another Ted's. Different concept but yet another Mexican option in Uptown? I'm truly sorry Pizza 23 went out as I ate lunch there often (but apparently not often enough).
    A lot of Stillwater people hate what passes for Mexican food in Stillwater so much that they dream of a Ted's opening up in Stillwater.

5. Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

Ted's is worse than anything in Stillwater. It's the most basic TexMex you can find

I've eaten at Ted's on occasion. It's fine. I find it over priced for say lunch. But I'm glad to have the option on 23rd since we do eat in that general area a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Ted's is worse than anything in Stillwater. It's the most basic TexMex you can find
    In your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Executionist View Post
    In your opinion.
    actually i don't think that is an opinion... i think it is why so many people like Ted's... since it's so basic, and they do pretty much everything good, but none of it great, everyone can find something they can enjoy for a meal...

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    actually i don't think that is an opinion... i think it is why so many people like Ted's... since it's so basic, and they do pretty much everything good, but none of it great, everyone can find something they can enjoy for a meal...
    ted's is objectively the worst tex-mex restaurant in stillwater because many people like it... yogi berra, is that you? : )

Man, OKCtalk people love bashing everything OKC-based. They don't support Pizza 23, so some other local entity snatches the space up, and that entity gets bashed. Man, can't win for losing.

11. Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

Quote Originally Posted by Executionist View Post
    In your opinion.
    Of course, it is my opinion. Welcome to forums, where people post their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Man, OKCtalk people love bashing everything OKC-based. They don't support Pizza 23, so some other local entity snatches the space up, and that entity gets bashed. Man, can't win for losing.
    People didn't support Pizza 23 because there are better local pizza places. I'm sure plenty of people will support this new Ted's, but doesn't that defeat your point? Using a chain restaurant brand, even if it's local, to compete with Big Truck right next door. If I have to choose between two local places, it's definitely not going to be the basic bland one. Of course, that is just MY opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    ted's is objectively the worst tex-mex restaurant in stillwater because many people like it... yogi berra, is that you? : )
    i didn't say worst. i agreed with the comment that it is most basic.

I think it's a bloody shame you can't get a descent churro in this town.

14. Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    I think it's a bloody shame you can't get a decent churro in this town.
    I like the ones at the fair... Maybe because I eat like a buffet at it.

15. Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    I think it's a bloody shame you can't get a decent churro in this town.
    A place like this would be great here. They have them all over Mexico City with lines out the door constantly.

https://www.bonappetit.com/city-guid...rreria-el-moro

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    Ronald McDonald approves of this statement.

Ted's has not been "local" for arguably several years now. :-( What they have done though is tried to keep the managers from the old days, and mix up the menu without killing the things that people really seemed to appreciate.... like the tortillas, which are still pretty special when done correctly.

I like Ted's. BTT will be fine, it's a different atmosphere and concept completely. In fact, Ted's usually has a wait during busy hours, that might help BTT with people attempting to go to Ted's but not wanting to wait an hour once they are there. It seems like if anything isn't a hipster themed joint with a cute name it is complete garbage and has the worst food on the planet.

I wonder how different this will be compared to what people expect when they go into a traditional Ted's? Sounds like this will be more like a Torchy's or a Fuzzy's. Will it help or dilute the brand?

20. Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

I like Ted's. BTT will be fine, it's a different atmosphere and concept completely. In fact, Ted's usually has a wait during busy hours, that might help BTT with people attempting to go to Ted's but not wanting to wait an hour once they are there. It seems like if anything isn't a hipster themed joint with a cute name it is complete garbage and has the worst food on the planet.
    This is a new Taco concept for Ted's.

The menu includes specialty tacos, loaded waffle fries, build your own burritos, and sheet pan nachos.
    https://www.koco.com/article/fallen-...unity/32433779

That's literally direct competition for Big Truck.

i really don't get how loaded waffle fries fits in with the rest of this menu... maybe the toppings will make it fit with the rest of the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i really don't get how loaded waffle fries fits in with the rest of this menu... maybe the toppings will make it fit with the rest of the concept.
    Agreed they should call it papas con basura.

Opening up next door to an established local hot spot is a pretty great way to test market their restaurant. If it does well, it'll compete anywhere. If it fails, then maybe it wasn't good enough to compete in other local markets. I think many of these more urban style buildings with the parking in the back have a hard time attracting patrons. Even on 23rd, it seems the parking-in-front restaurants always do pretty well.

I'll definitely check this out when it is open, I am on 23rd street fairly often but never made it to either of the old restaurants in this space.
    I wonder if it will stay open till three to cater to the late-late night crowd similar to fuzzies at campus corner in Norman?
    I do share the concern about being too close to Big Truck Tacos but I feel like this will be more of a 'sit for a while and have a couple margaritas' vs BTT's fast casual so might not impact them too much.
    If Mexican Radio hadn't just opened I would say this would have been a great fit for the old Maples (RIP) location in the Plaza.

25. Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

I'm in. We were looking for a place to eat on 23rd this afternoon. I think it would be a welcomed addition. Surprised how many place still are not open on 23rd. Ended up at Lido.

Thread Information