Widgets Magazine

Thread: I-40 & Kilpatrick Turnpike Structure?

1. Default I-40 & Kilpatrick Turnpike Structure?

Returning from El Reno on I-40, at and slightly north of it's intersection with the Kilpatrick Turnpike, I noticed a modest multi-story (5-6?) building being built (steel-frame structure is all I noticed) north of I-40, which appeared to be on the east side of the Kilpatrick Turnpike, maybe 1/4 mile north of I-40.

What is it?

Default Re: I-40 & Kilpatrick Turnpike Structure?

Thats the shell of a high tech company went bust with all the others around the country.

3. Default Re: I-40 & Kilpatrick Turnpike Structure?

yeah, its been there for years.

4. Default Re: I-40 & Kilpatrick Turnpike Structure?

yup

5. Default Re: I-40 & Kilpatrick Turnpike Structure?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander
    Thats the shell of a high tech company went bust with all the others around the country.
    It was going to be a Corning glass plant. Corning did not go "bust." They decided to wait on expansion.

Oops

7. Default Re: I-40 & Kilpatrick Turnpike Structure?

The building I am thinking of was going to be some fiber-optics plant.

8. Default Re: I-40 & Kilpatrick Turnpike Structure?

How unobservant of me all these year(s)? I was a passenger on this occasion and had more ability to lolly-gag rather than keep my eyes on the road. I've yet to drive the Kilpatrick from I-40.

Yes, it was going to be an Owens Corning fiber-optic plant, not glass. They put the expansion "plans on hold" 4-5 years ago, but as some had said, that means they basically went bust, during the dot com boom.

Last I read about it, Dick Tanenbaum or someone bought it a year or so ago, and some foam manufacturer from North Carolina was supposed to remodel and use it. Haven't heard anything sense. If you do a search on here, I know there is a thread on it a long time ago.

Thread Information