Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141560 ... LastLast

Thread: Century Center

1. Default Re: Century Center

Putting out a rumor is not a scoop in the news biz. A scoop is reporting a confirmed deal, providing confirmed details of such a deal. All love still intact for Pete, and hopefully, ditto.

Default Re: Century Center

Since AF bought the old OPUBCO facilities, it has been speculated that OPUBCO itself would have to move to make room for AF. If this happens to be downtown in the old CC, that would be joyous to a lot of us downtown enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Putting out a rumor is not a scoop in the news biz. A scoop is reporting a confirmed deal, providing confirmed details of such a deal. All love still intact for Pete, and hopefully, ditto.
    Absolutely!

I am Steve's biggest fan.

4. Default Re: Century Center

Thanks Pete. I really appreciate all you do for Oklahoma City by providing this excellent forum.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    Scooping Steve on this could leave an indelible mark.
    Pete & Steve - I'm kidding with both of you. I know that this building means a lot to Steve personally, and an OPUBCO purchase could be a great benefit for their most effective reporter - he won't have to drive seven miles to get to his beat!

It would be a great use for that building and getting our newspaper back downtown will be nice too.

Pete & Steve - I'm kidding with both of you. I know that this building means a lot to Steve personally, and an OPUBCO purchase could be a great benefit for their most effective reporter - he won't have to drive seven miles to get to his beat!
    don't think they are buying they are going to be a tenant

8. Default Re: Century Center

OPUBCO eyes downtown move

The Oklahoma Publishing Company is in negotiations to return its headquarters to downtown Oklahoma City after a 20-year absence, Chief Executive Officer Gary Pierson told employees today.

OPUBCO eyes downtown move | NewsOK.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	w640-9b3150d13b281449eb8e9a28635b47a0.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	3211  

Yah he will as he still has to drive from home.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    It would be a great use for that building and getting our newspaper back downtown will be nice too.
    Very. Now if we can get the TV stations to centrally locate, but that ain't gonna happen. Curious as to why DOK wouldn't go in their old building on 4th and Broadway.

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	86 
ID:	3212

Nice digs

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Yah he will as he still has to drive from home.

Very. Now if we can get the TV stations to centrally locate, but that ain't gonna happen. Curious as to why DOK wouldn't go in their old building on 4th and Broadway.

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	86 
ID:	3212

Nice digs
    I don't think they own that building

HangryHippo Guest

Looking at the picture above, I wish there were plans to make this taller. But the rendering looks pretty sharp and it'll be a great move if it happens.

That big video screen will require variance but as long as it's not promoting anything than local news (rather than a never-ending commercial for the Oklahoman or other businesses) then it could be a really cool thing.

OPUBCO would be moving approximately 350 employees and an annual payroll of more than $26 million into 67,000 square feet.
    The mall area is about 115,000 square feet so even if there is a restaurant, that will leave about 40,000 square feet which still could accommodate another good-sized tenant, although I'm pretty sure it would be an office use.

Interesting: The name of their primary product, "The Daily Oklahoman," doesn't appear anywhere on the rendering, and reader comments are disabled.

I'm sure the video board will feature the Oklahoman brand very prominently.

I just saw this on facebook. What great news for downtown, and the Oklahoman! Congrats, Steve. I know this means a lot to you personally. Now, where are they going to put that printing press?

That's a pretty look for that block, too. It will really bring much needed life to that corner as century center is such a dead spot on a street that gets a lot of traffic. Now, if we could get the city to sell at least the north side of the cox center to these guys once the new convention center is done, they could make a nice little retail square right in the heart of the action.

18. Default Re: Century Center

Interesting: The name of their primary product, "The Daily Oklahoman," doesn't appear anywhere on the rendering, and reader comments are disabled.
    Name plate isn't finalized yet. That's just a placeholder.

Printing press still up on Britton?

20. Default Re: Century Center

Yep. OPUBCO has a long term lease to continue the printing press at Broadway for as long as we have a newspaper.

Now if we can just convince the Sheraton Hotel to match this building and renovate as well...The sheraton hotel is stuck in the 80s inside and out.

22. Default Re: Century Center

The Sheraton is undertaking a pretty ambitious renovation. I'll hopefully write about it soon. But my understanding is it is not exterior.

This is an excellent move by Opubco. Major city newspapers belong downtown. And I like the design. Kind of reminds me of the new KC Star building in Kansas City.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    The Sheraton is undertaking a pretty ambitious renovation. I'll hopefully write about it soon. But my understanding is it is not exterior.
    too bad...

I don't think Sheraton is too bad looking from the outside.

Thread Information