Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
Do we have a general idea what the capacity of the Tower would be as a music venue?
I think it is around a thousand depending on how the main floor is set up. There's 250 original seats in the balcony which is going to be restored as is but the main floor is going to get flattened into three or four sections with one step down between them and they can be set up theater style or with table seating. I'll verify the capacity with the owners and post the correct figure if this is very far off. Also, the size of the stage will be increased to improve it as a music and theatrical venue.

It would be a great spot for an updated murder mystery dinner theater concept utilizing modern urban themes . . . Tatooed to death or pierced and hung out to dry comes to mind.

I was up in the second floor office space above the 23rd Street facing retail spaces west of the marquee and it has lots very nice granite or marble wall panels and terazzo stairs and corridor floor that is fabulous. A lot of the original oak flooring can be cleaned up and refinished. The ceilings are about 9' . . . maybe 9'-6" and the 12" square supporting columns have a nice little flair detail at the ceiling. It will make great office space. There are nice windows overlooking the street with some nice urban views. The plans include a Green Room and community conference room up there as well. Anyone interested in talking about leasing some of this retail or office space can talk to Marty Dillon at 409.6907. They are also looking for a solid restaurant tenant and there is space set aside for a good size catering kitchen. Now is the time to get in on the ground floor as they say . . . or the second floor for that matter.

Now that the roofing work has been completed, I anticipate that some other work will get going over the next couple of months . . . . Yeah baby, I'm feelin' it . . . 2009 . . . mighty fine!

Michael

Pray For World Peace . . . pass it on