Widgets Magazine
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower Theatre

1. Default Re: Tower Theater

Announced they are partnering with The Granada Theater in Dallas.

Been to the Grenada a couple of times and they have a lot of acts go through there that I really like.

Default Re: Tower Theater

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Announced they are partnering with The Granada Theater in Dallas.

Been to the Grenada a couple of times and they have a lot of acts go through there that I really like.
    WOAH!!> Ilove this.. I have been to many many shows at Granada and love the venue and the acts they get. hope that helps see more of the same at Tower!

3. Default Re: Tower Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    WOAH!!> Ilove this.. I have been to many many shows at Granada and love the venue and the acts they get. hope that helps see more of the same at Tower!
    Agree 110%.... I can think of about a dozen acts that went through Granada on a weeknight this year that I couldn't make it to and didn't come near here.

4. Default Re: Tower Theater

Goodness, I wish Criterion could also partner with someone who can get shows/acts in there every other day. ..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Goodness, I wish Criterion could also partner with someone who can get shows/acts in there every other day. ..
    Right!.. I mean the Tower is already doing a pretty good job.. this will just elevate it. The criterion needs some serious help!

Criterion has a much bigger and better partner in Live Nation, they just pull their weight.

Just announced that Jim James of My Morning Jacket is coming to the Tower 5/2.

Can't wait for this. They continue to knock it out of the park.

I enjoyed my first concert at this venue in November. Crowd was underwhelming but venue was top notch.

Lemonheads announced for 5/29.

They play the Granada in Dallas the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Lemonheads announced for 5/29.

They play the Granada in Dallas the next day.
    I noticed that Snail Mail is scheduled to play Granada this summer with open dates around. Hoping the Tower books her. Her record last year was easily top 10 for me and her show at NMF was very good. It would be great to see her in a smaller room.

Blog Entries

Same

I was just looking through the tower theaters schedule and thought I wish they would take a page from Granada and with the acts list underneath it " Goes well with". I love that on Granada's site. when you are dealing with such a diverse offering you can draw people to shows they might not normally go to with a list of similar artists that you might be familiar with.

Glen Hansard just announced. HUGE get. Announcing this, Amanda Shires, and Josh Ritter all within the last couple weeks makes me so happy. Chad, Stephen and team are killing it. Way to go.
    Last edited by Timshel; 03-25-2019 at 09:35 AM. Reason: spelling

^

Wow! Glenn is incredibly talented.

Tower is doing a great job.

Blog Entries

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Will definitely be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    Glen Hansard just announced. HUGE get. Announcing this, Amanda Shires, and Josh Ritter all within the last couple weeks makes me so happy. Chad, Stephen and team are killing it. Way to go.
    Josh Ritter is going to be a FANTASTIC show. Listened to his most recent album on a friend's recommendation last week and absolutely loved it.

Don't look now but we have a legit live music scene in OKC, just between the Jones and Tower alone. And both seem to be getting better. Plus both are just great settings with so much directly adjacent for before and after the show.

If the Criterion could get untracked, we'd really be in business.

Don't look now but we have a legit live music scene in OKC, just between the Jones and Tower alone. And both seem to be getting better. Plus both are just great settings with so much directly adjacent for before and after the show.

If the Criterion could get untracked, we'd really be in business.
    Some of the smaller venues in OKC and Norman are doing great work in terms of booking up-and-coming artists, as well. Lucy Dacus had a sold-out show at Opolis last month, she'll almost certainly be playing at venues such as Tower and Jones in a few years. Girlpool and Hatchie are playing at 89th Street in May, and both of those bands have a lot of potential to expand their audiences in the near-future. Wild Pink played a show at Resonator down in Norman a few months back, and that band could be the next War On Drugs someday.

Blog Entries

Criterion has been getting better this year it seems like, and hopefully will continue

21. Default Re: Tower Theater

Yes sir we do... I have been to more live shows in Oklahoma City in the last 6 months than I have been to in the last 6 years and have two more lined up already.... I've only seen one show out of state during that time span and I was on a 10 day road trip then.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Criterion has been getting better this year it seems like, and hopefully will continue
    Criterion has gotten some really good bookings lately, more than likely due to the new booking partnership with Knitting Factory. Some of the sold-out shows coming up are Hozier, Death Cab for Cutie, Bon Iver, Vampire Weekend. Shows that aren't sold out are Lil Baby, MGMT, Lord Huron, Whiskey Myers, Nick Offerman.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHornet View Post
    Criterion has gotten some really good bookings lately, more than likely due to the new booking partnership with Knitting Factory. Some of the sold-out shows coming up are Hozier, Death Cab for Cutie, Bon Iver, Vampire Weekend. Shows that aren't sold out are Lil Baby, MGMT, Lord Huron, Whiskey Myers, Nick Offerman.
    You left out AJR, which went on sale last week.

The Criterion is still lacking a bit in volume of bookings, but the number and quality has definitely increased since partnering with Knitting Factory. Because of Knitting Factory, I think they're in a much stronger position now to take advantage of their LiveNation partnership. Vampire Weekend, Nick Offerman, and AJR in August, September, and October respectively are all promoted or co-promoted by LiveNation. I think we can expect to see more LiveNation shows announced going forward.

There are several acts playing the Tower that usually play the Diamond. Is the Tower partnering with DCF at all to book shows?

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHornet View Post
    Tickets purchased for Death Cab and MGMT, with plans to purchase for Vampire Weekend. Criterion is getting it on right now.

Thread Information