[QUOTE=BDP;70030] . . . I also think that we need an area that appeals to younger people with more of an edge and more of a forward thinking mentality.. . . For that area I am thinking more Deep Ellum, Melrose, Wicker Park, East village, etc. . . . .Obviously these areas have been gentrified and upscaled in the recent decade or so, but their roots are more of being exciting alternatives for young creatives and progressive residents. [/QOUTE]

You make some great points BDP and I agree completely with you.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
Yes, it will never appeal to the gated community types, but should everything in the city be that way . . .
Thank goodness. . . . What are all those gates good for anyhow?

There are some great apartment and office buildings along that strip that could be fixed up just a bit and make great affordable housing for younger residents new to the city and looking for something a little more exciting and original than currently available in OKC.
Opportunity abounds . . .

In my mind, the number one thing that characterizes a successful and vibrant city is one with a variety of vibrant neighborhoods, each with their own unique characteristics and choices. 23rd helps us in that regard. But I think its successful future lies in expanding upon its current unique characteristics as opposed to reinventing it as an upscale enclave.
Perfectly said . .