Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NHL/Coyotes

Default Re: NHL/Coyotes

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    there is no way the Owners would approve that. it's a cool idea, but they just wouldn't go for it
    ***Comment removed. Wrong message quoted. STILL can't find a way to delete!? Probably me.

hockey failed in OKC because of the ownership. it's the same reason their Soccer team failed too... Prodigal and the Funks are the reason those endeavors failed... i was on the Barons advisory board for 3 years. i saw the inside workings, and it failed because they have no clue how to run a sports team. they literally kept getting surprised by things that we told them were coming months, and even once, a year in advance....
    This x 1,000,000

Blog Entries

hockey failed in OKC because of the ownership. it's the same reason their Soccer team failed too... Prodigal and the Funks are the reason those endeavors failed... i was on the Barons advisory board for 3 years. i saw the inside workings, and it failed because they have no clue how to run a sports team. they literally kept getting surprised by things that we told them were coming months, and even once, a year in advance....
    Yes, and this is the same ownership that will manage the $71 million MAPS 4 Multipurpose. The stadium will be run into
    the ground and Prodigal LLC will leave OKC high and dry when they drift off into the sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Anytime a city can host an NBA All Star Weekend Classic--it shows you have the luxury hotel infrastructure support.

Let's see if SLC can meet the challenge of two big league city franchises co-existing in the same building.
    It is pretty interesting that the guy who owns the Jazz also happens to own the arena. I was under the impression that such an arrangement was all but impossible in a small market.

Thread Information