Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Chiefs

Default Oklahoma City Chiefs

"The defeat Tuesday of a three-eighths cent sales tax to fund a new downtown Royals ballpark and renovate the Chiefs’ Arrowhead Stadium was almost assuredly not the end of the matter. Other teams and cities have faced similar setbacks, and that hasn’t slowed a wave of stadium construction underway across the U.S."

https://apnews.com/article/royals-ch...037ebc5b2dcc47

What's the possibility of bringing the Chiefs to OKC? :-)

Default Re: Oklahoma City Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    absolutely no possibility. there is a better chance that the Hunt Family moves the team back to Dallas, and that isn't happening either.

now, if the Royals ownership is fed up and wants out... could mean movement of they baseball team.

Blog Entries

If the Chiefs move they are going to move to the Legends complex in Kansas City, KS which already has The Kansas Motor Speedway, Sporting Kansas CIty and The Legends outlet mall. The Royals might even move with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    If the Chiefs move they are going to move to the Legends complex in Kansas City, KS which already has The Kansas Motor Speedway, Sporting Kansas CIty and The Legends outlet mall. The Royals might even move with them.
    this is the actual answer

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    absolutely no possibility. there is a better chance that the Hunt Family moves the team back to Dallas, and that isn't happening either.

now, if the Royals ownership is fed up and wants out... could mean movement of they baseball team.
    I agree that the most likely move outside of Kansas City, Missouri would be to Kansas City, Kansas, but I disagree that there would be a better chance of them relocating to Dallas over Oklahoma City. If it was any other league I’d agree but the Dallas Cowboys are a different animal. Relocating to Oklahoma City, Tulsa, St. Louis, or even Omaha would probably be more ideal to the Hunt family than trying to share a market with the Cowboys. That’s without even factoring in if Jerry Jones or the Cowboys as an entity are open to another team in the Dallas area because if they aren’t keen on the idea, almost no one else will be.

I did see something early from maybe the Dallas mayor that they'd be interested.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/Dalla...boys-Move-Home

As a lifelong Cowboys fan, I'd welcome the Chefs to OKC, but I'd probably look at it more of an opportunity to watch the Cowboys in my home state than adopting them as my team. I don't think I'd be alone in this. Oklahoma's "home team" (at least as far as market is concerned) has been the Cowboys for a long time and there is a huge loyal fanbase here. Heck I know there used to be at least one Cowboys billboard on I40 for awhile. A lot different than the environment when the NBA came to town.

I'm also a big Rangers fan, but I don't think they have the same pull here. Baseball fandom seems to be much more diverse here, I see lots of Cardinals, Astros, and Dodgers gear along with the Rangers. So the Royals might be better in that sense.

At the end of the day I doubt they are moving. My guess this is just round one of the negotiations. I wondered myself if KCKS would try to lure them to their side of town. Makes a lot of sense, and they are in a unique position to be technically a different city to maybe offer incentives, without the bad press of making it look like the team is moving to a different city, even though that's exactly what they'd be doing. Different state too.

The Chiefs are not moving to Oklahoma City.

They aren’t moving anywhere except possibly the Kansas side of the KC metro area, but I don’t even believe that. This was an opening salvo in a decade-long argument on updating their home and how to finance it.

I also don’t think the Royals are moving. KC wants to get them downtown and I think there’s a 50/50 chance that happens and if not, they might go to the Kansas suburbs.

Whycome nobody is suggesting San Antonio? That market is way larger than OKC, or any other mentioned and is football ready.

I think the biggest obstacle is that Jerry Jones (and the Houston Texans owner McNair family, to a lesser extent) don't want another team anywhere in Texas. And they have had the power to keep anyone out.

Of course, the Chiefs aren't moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Whycome nobody is suggesting San Antonio? That market is way larger than OKC, or any other mentioned and is football ready.

I think the biggest obstacle is that Jerry Jones (and the Houston Texans owner McNair family, to a lesser extent) don't want another team anywhere in Texas. And they have had the power to keep anyone out.
    Josh? Is that you? Jkjk

Because while they are larger than OKC, they are a Spurs town. The NFL tends to be the largest thing in their city, and won't be that in SA. Plus, like you said, Jerry would never let it happen.

To relocate an existing team in the NFL 75% have to agree. 2 owners do not make up over 25% of owners.
    If the NFL went to SA the town would be an NFL town

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    To relocate an existing team in the NFL 75% have to agree. 2 owners do not make up over 25% of owners.
    If the NFL went to SA the town would be an NFL town
    Jerry Jones has a lot, and I mean A LOT, of power. If he wants to keep a team out of Texas, they will not come in.

All that said, they will move across state lines to Kansas, if anything.

14. Default Re: Oklahoma City Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post

If they want Arrowhead renovated, they won't like the Alamodome.

My heart breaks for her. What will her poor family of a measly net worth of $25 billion do?!?!?!

17. Default Re: Oklahoma City Chiefs

The Dynasty - KC

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    "The defeat Tuesday of a three-eighths cent sales tax to fund a new downtown Royals ballpark and renovate the Chiefs’ Arrowhead Stadium was almost assuredly not the end of the matter. Other teams and cities have faced similar setbacks, and that hasn’t slowed a wave of stadium construction underway across the U.S."

If there was a absolute number lower than zero then that would be the chance. Other factors preventing it are the population. And even more so the two major university football programs within 45 miles

Quote Originally Posted by oski View Post
    "the defeat tuesday of a three-eighths cent sales tax to fund a new downtown royals ballpark and renovate the chiefs’ arrowhead stadium was almost assuredly not the end of the matter. Other teams and cities have faced similar setbacks, and that hasn’t slowed a wave of stadium construction underway across the u.s."

what's the possibility of bringing the chiefs to okc? :-)
    zero.

The Tennessee Titans are building their new stadium in the parking lot next to the current stadium. Since Arrowhead and Kauffman are both surrounded by parking lots, I wonder if they could just build the new stadium next to it instead of looking for a new location.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    The Tennessee Titans are building their new stadium in the parking lot next to the current stadium. Since Arrowhead and Kauffman are both surrounded by parking lots, I wonder if they could just build the new stadium next to it instead of looking for a new location.
    Never mind, I guess this is more about funding than location.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Never mind, I guess this is more about funding than location.
    correct

23. Default Re: Oklahoma City Chiefs

Just a guess but I bet before long I bet there will be a new proposal put up for vote with just the Arrowhead upgrades in it. I think that would have passed easily. It's been my experience that KC is like St. Louis but backwards. I go in KC stores and there are racks and racks of Chiefs gear and a corner of Royals gear. St. Louis is the other way with the Cards vs. the Blues and the NFL teams that moved. So I don't think the Chiefs are going anywhere.

Blog Entries

NFL Chiefs and the MLB Royals are Kansas City, MO top two big league city franchises--they aren't leaving KCM. With a MSA of 2,221,343; they have shown support for two BL franchises.

Both franchises will eventually get what they need in upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    NFL Chiefs and the MLB Royals are Kansas City, MO top two big league city franchises--they aren't leaving KCM. With a MSA of 2,221,343; they have shown support for two BL franchises.

Both franchises will eventually get what they need in upgrades.
    they both might leave KCM

there is a real chance they both move to KCK

Thread Information