Widgets Magazine

Thread: Old Hemisphere’s Bldg

Default Old Hemisphere’s Bldg

Drove by this weekend and it had a construction sign outside. Curious if anyone knows what’s going on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default Re: Old Hemisphere’s Bldg

Quote Originally Posted by Prunesmoothie View Post
    Drove by this weekend and it had a construction sign outside. Curious if anyone knows what’s going on.
    If it's the building just east of Quail Springs Mall, it was purchased by Midfirst Bank for use as office space. There is another thread about the building on this website.

Default Re: Old Hemisphere’s Bldg

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If it's the building just east of Quail Springs Mall, it was purchased by Midfirst Bank for use as office space. There is another thread about the building on this website.
    They are talking a out the old Moore store. I remember seeing someone mention something about it a few months back.

according to the Oklahoman its going to be Bryant, Arkansas based Painted Tree also it shows on their website
    https://paintedtree.com/locations/moore-ok/

Quote Originally Posted by Prunesmoothie View Post
    Painted Tree signed a lease several months back. They are taking 30k square feet of the building.IMG_7501.jpeg

6. Default Re: Old Hemisphere’s Bldg

I've never been in one but my quick googling says Painted Tree looks like a local vendor shop. Meaning, all the folks locally making their stuff like soap/crafts/etc, just sell them out of a permanent shop like this instead of their booth at an Affair of the Heart or farmers markets. Is that accurate? If that's the case, does anyone feel like that has a chance of being successful long-term?

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I've never been in one but my quick googling says Painted Tree looks like a local vendor shop. Meaning, all the folks locally making their stuff like soap/crafts/etc, just sell them out of a permanent shop like this instead of their booth at an Affair of the Heart or farmers markets. Is that accurate? If that's the case, does anyone feel like that has a chance of being successful long-term?
    Yes that's pretty much it. It's rows of local vendors in small spaces where they present their goods.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    It appears to still be open but there is the market at Quail Springs which appears to be a similar concept and has been open for years. My wife used to have a space there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    It appears to still be open but there is the market at Quail Springs which appears to be a similar concept and has been open for years. My wife used to have a space there.
    The Market closed and its now a trampoline park.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    The Market closed and its now a trampoline park.
    Dang....you mean google was wrong. The world is coming to an end. Thanks for correction.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Yes that's pretty much it. It's rows of local vendors in small spaces where they present their goods.
    So essentially another showplace market just a couple blocks west of I35 instead of a couple of blocks east? Interesting.

Who knows, perhaps that location will more popular/busier...

12. Default Re: Old Hemisphere’s Bldg

Doubt it....maybe a year.

It gets to compete with At Home with it's massive warehouse sized offerings, and at a lower price point. It's not as though we're lacking in places to buy homemade soaps and crafts.

Thread Information