Widgets Magazine

Thread: KFC on Air Depot

Mid-Del KFC on Air Depot

It’s been boarded-up for a little while (good riddance) and I noticed it’s being painted. Do we know what it will be yet? Hopefully something MWC doesn’t already have.

Default Re: KFC on Air Depot

Hopefully something that runs correctly. For years, every time I went to that place they acted like they were closing for good in 20 minutes.

3. Default Re: KFC on Air Depot

You know I've noticed that every KFC i've been in since they converted from the old buffet style to fast food style, has been gross. Most recently, about a year ago at the store on Douglas. A complaint was filed with KFC and corporate wasn't concerned at all. Barely even an acknowledgement of the issue. The dining area has always been sticky and dirty. And the staff running the place don't ever seem to be concerned with the customers...they're really just an annoyance. Not to mention the price seemingly going up constantly. It's not a chicken thing because while Golden Chick stores aren't known for being fast, I've never been in one that was gross or that I wasn't helped quickly (even if they food took a bit). And we all know Chick Fil A is fine. Canes is attentive, clean, reasonable. So what is it about KFC? Are they hiring from a lower salary range that doesn't attract an attentive employee? Why are they charging so much? And it's not really a new thing either. They seem to have been struggling along for 20 years now like this.

I remember when I went through a drive-through at the Air Depot location back in about 2004 or so, asked for a sandwich combo and they wanted to charge me $7 something for it? I had to double check that he said it right. When he conrirmed, i said no thank you and I drive right on through. That would equate to what $15 in today's inflation numbers, for a crappy chicken strip sandwich. If I'm going to pay for a restaurant meal, i'm not going to get it at KFC's drive-through LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    You know I've noticed that every KFC i've been in since they converted from the old buffet style to fast food style, has been gross. Most recently, about a year ago at the store on Douglas. A complaint was filed with KFC and corporate wasn't concerned at all. Barely even an acknowledgement of the issue. The dining area has always been sticky and dirty. And the staff running the place don't ever seem to be concerned with the customers...they're really just an annoyance. Not to mention the price seemingly going up constantly. It's not a chicken thing because while Golden Chick stores aren't known for being fast, I've never been in one that was gross or that I wasn't helped quickly (even if they food took a bit). And we all know Chick Fil A is fine. Canes is attentive, clean, reasonable. So what is it about KFC? Are they hiring from a lower salary range that doesn't attract an attentive employee? Why are they charging so much? And it's not really a new thing either. They seem to have been struggling along for 20 years now like this.

I remember when I went through a drive-through at the Air Depot location back in about 2004 or so, asked for a sandwich combo and they wanted to charge me $7 something for it? I had to double check that he said it right. When he conrirmed, i said no thank you and I drive right on through. That would equate to what $15 in today's inflation numbers, for a crappy chicken strip sandwich. If I'm going to pay for a restaurant meal, i'm not going to get it at KFC's drive-through LOL.
    The thing that I seem to notice is: the bigger the corporation who owns it, the worse the place is. Pepsi owns them and KFC is just a drop in its conglomerate. Corporations are known to pay sh!tty and not care about their employee’s well-being in any regard.

Quote Originally Posted by JesStang View Post
    The thing that I seem to notice is: the bigger the corporation who owns it, the worse the place is. Pepsi owns them and KFC is just a drop in its conglomerate. Corporations are known to pay sh!tty and not care about their employee’s well-being in any regard.
    Pepsi spun off it's fast food restaurant division around 2000, and most of their brands seem to have gone down hill since then. There also is the issue around having done a lot of franchising, so how much those individual owners care and/or has the capacity to run one properly can vary widely.

They should have boarded up the Taco Bueno next door as well and completely razed the two places. The buildings and parking lots in both are horribly outdated.

Thread Information