My family and I are still considering if we are staying in our home long-term, but we've thought about maybe just sort of adding on or enclosing some existing space. I have a space on my back patio that is partially covered now. I've thought about possibly enclosing it with some sort of glass doors that could potentially still slide open mostly to retain it as usable outdoor space. We've also thought about going further and finish covering the rest of the patio and enclose at that time. I could see that taking the form of some sort of combo sunroom sliding glass doors.

My question is has anyone had something similar done recently and have suggestions on who to look at? I've had a contractor I've used in the past look at it and he mentioned it would be real easy to do some sort of glass doors that slide away. When I asked him about the rest, that seemed out of his wheelhouse, which I get, they are kind of different levels of complexity, but I'd like to possibly get quotes to do both from the same companies so I'm doing a more apples to apples comparison.

Thanks in advance for any insight. We've also had someone look at converting our attic, we just preferred to keep our house single story.