For a town that's perceived as having wealth, the roads could certainly be improved. Where's all the tax money going? They aren't the worst streets in the state but for as much money that runs around town, you'd think they'd be better.

I'm assuming all the tax money goes to put in more traffic lights. I don't think I've ever seen a town so in love with traffic lights. To an extent, I get what they're going for. They want to slow down traffic. But traffic speed is better dictated by street design rather than speed limits and stop lights.

Going east from 15th and Boulevard to 2nd and Bryant one travels through about 10 stop lights. In two miles. That's ridiculous. You might think im picking the most extreme example, but I'm not. Traveling west from I-35 and Covell yesterday, I went through 6 (iirc) stop lights by the time I got to Coltrane. 6 in a little over 1 mile.

I got stopped by a light at Covell and Fairfax during that travel. The east/west traffic on Covell (which there was plenty) was stopped for a minute or two but there was no cross traffic on Fairfax. I'm guessing it's just on a timer.

Also, what is with bridges in Edmond? The transition between road and bridge should be smooth to the point that the driver doesn't notice it. Edmond missed the memo about that.

The bridge on Coltrane between 15th and 2nd is so harsh (especially southbound) that I have to slow down for it. The bridge on 15th between I-35 and Coltrane will rattle your axle. The bridge on the I-35 frontage road by Fox Lake isn't as bad but is certainly noticeable.

Those are just 3 bridges off the top of my head. Given time I could come up with more. I don't understand why they can't be built on the same level as the rest of the road. That used to be standard practice.