Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pike Pass

1. Default Re: Pike Pass

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Do the new stickers go on the outside of the car? That doesn’t seem to make the most sense.
    They go on the inside of the windshield.

Default Re: Pike Pass

FYI, I put them on my sun roofs and they work fine there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks. I'm going to pick up a license tag -- hate those stickers.
    The sticker has been easy to hide behind the rear view mirror in the last couple cars I have put them in, so when in the car they practically are not there, and it is not like I ever notice them from the outside either.

4. Default Re: Pike Pass

Tip, so they are a royal B1TCH to get off....that sticky stuff is great. BUUUUUT. If you park your car outside in the middle of the summer when it's 9000 degrees outside, you can get a razor blade and scrape that puppy right off. It's not in good enough condition to reuse on the next vehicle, but it's better than leaving it on there where someone that buys your car has access to your sticker until the PikePass folks can update their systems.

I did that when we bought our new car. The dealership was surprised it came off in one piece like that. They said normally, its in a bunch of pieces and takes them a while to get it all off.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Tip, so they are a royal B1TCH to get off....that sticky stuff is great. BUUUUUT. If you park your car outside in the middle of the summer when it's 9000 degrees outside, you can get a razor blade and scrape that puppy right off. It's not in good enough condition to reuse on the next vehicle, but it's better than leaving it on there where someone that buys your car has access to your sticker until the PikePass folks can update their systems.

I did that when we bought our new car. The dealership was surprised it came off in one piece like that. They said normally, its in a bunch of pieces and takes them a while to get it all off.
    The deactivation should be pretty much instantaneous once you call them or do it online. I did it online a couple of years ago and I'm pretty sure it was immediate and that tag/sticker was no longer active and didn't show up on my account any longer. It's not 1985 anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    The deactivation should be pretty much instantaneous once you call them or do it online. I did it online a couple of years ago and I'm pretty sure it was immediate and that tag/sticker was no longer active and didn't show up on my account any longer. It's not 1985 anymore...
    This

They want you to leave the sticker with the car and you can immediately remove the pass from your car online with a click. It deactivates immediately

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    This

They want you to leave the sticker with the car and you can immediately remove the pass from your car online with a click. It deactivates immediately
    I assumed that, as well, so the next owner could just register the existing sticker instead of having to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I assumed that, as well, so the next owner could just register the existing sticker instead of having to replace it.
    Yes, I just did this.

Left the old sticker and went to my on-line account and deactivated it. So, they can either activate it or get hit with pay-by-plate fees.

With my new car, there is no place to mount a sticker behind the rearview mirror because it is filled with various sensors. I ordered a new sticker because they are free, but I might end up having to pay $25 for a plate tag, which wouldn't be the worst thing. I tend to keep my cars a very long time.

Yes, I just did this.

Left the old sticker and went to my on-line account and deactivated it. So, they can either activate it or get hit with pay-by-plate fees.

With my new car, there is no place to mount a sticker behind the rearview mirror because it is filled with various sensors. I ordered a new sticker because they are free, but I might end up having to pay $25 for a plate tag, which wouldn't be the worst thing. I tend to keep my cars a very long time.
    I will say the portable transponder .. (with suction cups) is really small and I like that i can take it off when i don't want it ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    I will say the portable transponder .. (with suction cups) is really small and I like that i can take it off when i don't want it ..

No. They mount on the inside near the rear view mirror

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    No. They mount on the inside near the rear view mirror
    not the PORTABLE one ..

I received my new Pike Pass sticker and thought I'd share my experience.

You can see the size relative to a penny. However, the instructions are not clear. You'd think the barcode would face outward, but it's the opposite.

As a reminder, I couldn't place this anywhere near my rearview mirror as in my car that area is completely packed with sensors.

Not sure if I'm going to keep this or pay $25 for a tag transmitter (I assume it is attached by one of the screws that hold your plate). At least with the tag, you can port it over to another car when the time comes, so it's a one-time fee.

The sticker is annoying me because it's clearly in my field of vision when I drive; just have to wait to see if I get used to it.

14. Default Re: Pike Pass

I drive a Subaru so the tag can't be on the windshield in certain areas for the eyesight cameras. I put it top right of my front windshield. Has worked fine for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I drive a Subaru so the tag can't be on the windshield in certain areas for the eyesight cameras. I put it top right of my front windshield. Has worked fine for 5 years.
    I put mine in top right as well. It is out of my vision as its to the right of the mirror and camera housing

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I put mine in top right as well. It is out of my vision as its to the right of the mirror and camera housing
    Mine is on the top center of the windshield, behind the rear view mirror, similar to the middle picture in the instructions. Can't see it when I'm driving and it's worked perfectly for the 6 years I've had my car.

17. Default Re: Pike Pass

I absolutely trust the couple of people that have posted that the whole space in front of the rear view mirror is taken up by sensors. I'm glad I don't have one of those cars. I've had 2 cars that have "advanced safety systems". In neither did the sensors take up that much windshield. That could be obtrusive in itself. Come on car makers. This is 2024. Electronics can be very, very small.

In my Bolt there is little notch above the sensors behind the mirror, Sticker fit in their perfectly and I never see it.

19. Default Re: Pike Pass

Personally, i just don't trust how fast the system works. So yes, i peeled mine off. If the new owner of the car even has a pike pass, then they can go get their own sticker. That's why i took it off rather than just calling in.

They got me the new one really fast, so that's great. But the dealership did tell me they had heard people were waiting upwards of a month. Maybe that was in COVID times and they were just out of touch. But i dont ever leave anything that someone may be able to try to abuse that identified me when i sell a car. Any sort of parking decal or such, all of them have to come off.

With all the technology stack that comes with cars these days, i did have a little trouble getting it in the center/middle of the window. But it did still go high enough on a Pilot and an Odyssey that it still hides behind the view of the mirror for the driver. It really is nice that they are so small. But hearing that "beep" in the old days was kind of cool, but also a bit nerve wracking waiting to see if it actually beeped. LOL

I received my new Pike Pass sticker and thought I'd share my experience.

You can see the size relative to a penny. However, the instructions are not clear. You'd think the barcode would face outward, but it's the opposite.

As a reminder, I couldn't place this anywhere near my rearview mirror as in my car that area is completely packed with sensors.

Not sure if I'm going to keep this or pay $25 for a tag transmitter (I assume it is attached by one of the screws that hold your plate). At least with the tag, you can port it over to another car when the time comes, so it's a one-time fee.

The sticker is annoying me because it's clearly in my field of vision when I drive; just have to wait to see if I get used to it.
    if the sticker can be mounted on the back of the rearview mirror, i wonder if it could be mounted on the back of the infotainment screen.

I wonder if you could get away with mounting on the back windshield or would defrost wire interfere?

After a few days of living with it, the new sticker is so small I no longer notice it.

So at least for the time being, I'm going to keep it. Until you see it in person it's hard to see how small it is.

I've got the NTTA sticker which is a little larger than the PikePass and it's square, but where it's mounted behind and to the right of the rearview mirror, I don't even see it while sitting in the car.

24. Default Re: Pike Pass

When I said the stickers are 1 x 2 in. I was looking at my Hyundai which is one we've had the shortest time. The stickers on the Jeep and the Miata are 2 x 2.But they're old enough to not have any sensors so they still hide. Never noticed before.

It amazes me that anyone living in Oklahoma City or the metro in general would go without a pikepass. The turnpikes make going around the city so convenient and easy. But there's also a lack of understanding of the pikepasses among some people. They know they have to put 40 up front, but many seem to think that if they don't use the 40 dollars on the TPs in a certain amount of time, they lose it. I've talked to a couple people at work about this. They had no idea that, that 40 dollars will last forever if it's never used. I went three years without getting a PP after moving to the city. I've loved it ever since I got it.

Thread Information