Widgets Magazine

Thread: Stardust Power - Lithium Refinery (Muskogee)

Default Stardust Power - Lithium Refinery (Muskogee)

This seems like a good get for Muskogee.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...ity-Build.html

Default Re: Stardust Power - Lithium Refinery (Muskogee)

okay cool. this is finally official so i guess i can now talk about it. Yes, this has been in the works for a long while. one of the biggest hurdle was a federal one they were trying to work through the limited the amount of refined litium that can be transported via rail per train. i know that was something the fed seemed willing to make adjustments to. so i'm guessing that those changes occurred or the company was at least alleviated of those concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    okay cool. this is finally official so i guess i can now talk about it. Yes, this has been in the works for a long while. one of the biggest hurdle was a federal one they were trying to work through the limited the amount of refined litium that can be transported via rail per train. i know that was something the fed seemed willing to make adjustments to. so i'm guessing that those changes occurred or the company was at least alleviated of those concerns.
    lol…shocking…the federal government held up an energy project. Glad everything turned out alright though. If electric vehicle adoption keeps growing, this has a chance to become a pretty big economic engine for eastern ok. Can’t imagine there are many lithium refining facilities in the US. Never hurts to be an early mover.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    lol…shocking…the federal government held up an energy project. Glad everything turned out alright though. If electric vehicle adoption keeps growing, this has a chance to become a pretty big economic engine for eastern ok. Can’t imagine there are many lithium refining facilities in the US. Never hurts to be an early mover.
    for battery grade lithium, i think this will be the first. i might be wrong, but i seem to recall that being the case

Interesting. Further south than I thought, and if I am looking at the correct spot then it is going in an area that I wouldn't have really expected for a refinery. Not a ton of houses around, but there's some. Obviously they need the rail connection though.

This is great news. What about the new oil refinery in Cushing? Is that still moving forward as well? These are huge projects and will be great for the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    This is great news. What about the new oil refinery in Cushing? Is that still moving forward as well? These are huge projects and will be great for the state.
    last i had heard is that construction is set to start in May of 2024. with it coming online sometime in 2027

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    for battery grade lithium, i think this will be the first. i might be wrong, but i seem to recall that being the case
    Tesla is actively constructing a lithium refinery in Corpus Christi.

Thread Information