Widgets Magazine

Thread: Walgreens Pharmacy

Default Walgreens Pharmacy

I know that Walgreens has shuttered a couple stores. But, at their 4400 NW 23rd location, they are shuttering the Pharmacy only, and leaving the rest of the store open.

Has anyone heard of them doing this before?

The letter I got in the mail did not indicate that this was a temporary arrangement. I wonder if it is in response to the Pharmacist walkouts that have happened due to the crummy working conditions. Does anyone have any more input on this?

Default Re: Walgreens Pharmacy

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    I know that Walgreens has shuttered a couple stores. But, at their 4400 NW 23rd location, they are shuttering the Pharmacy only, and leaving the rest of the store open.

The letter I got in the mail did not indicate that this was a temporary arrangement. I wonder if it is in response to the Pharmacist walkouts that have happened due to the crummy working conditions. Does anyone have any more input on this?
    Bet that's going to make the pharmacy at the one we go to on NW 23rd/May fairly unpleasant since I'd bet a lot of the customers will move to there.

I bet this is probably it. Just seems crazy that they would have a Walgreens without the Pharmacy. If anything this would be a prelude to a full store closing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Bet that's going to make the pharmacy at the one we go to on NW 23rd/May fairly unpleasant since I'd bet a lot of the customers will move to there.
    FYI, my letter stated that all pharmacy customers will be automatically transferred to the nearest Walgreens Pharmacy... the one on "5901 NW 39th St, Warr Acres, OK 73122" even though that one is 0.3mi further than the 23/May location.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a locally-owned pharmacy in the core? Been meaning to move my recurring prescription from the Walgreens at NW 50th/May because they keep reducing the pharmacy hours at that store and the lines continue to get longer and longer as a result, but not sure where I should move it to. I don’t see a point in moving it to another Walgreens given that the entire company appears to be in a death spiral of some sort.

6. Default Re: Walgreens Pharmacy

FYI, my letter stated that all pharmacy customers will be automatically transferred to the nearest Walgreens Pharmacy... the one on "5901 NW 39th St, Warr Acres, OK 73122" even though that one is 0.3mi further than the 23/May location.
    It’s super easy for you to change to whichever Walgreens you prefer. Just tell your doctor where to send it. You can even do it yourself in the app if you refill/manage your prescriptions there.

We live two blocks from the 23rd and May location and all of our prescriptions go to the CVS at 50th and May as they have been faster, cheaper and nicer than the one at 23rd/May.

Midtown drug is incredible! The owner is awesome. I switched from Walgreens a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Watermelonsugar View Post
    Midtown drug is incredible! The owner is awesome. I switched from Walgreens a few months ago.
    Thanks, will look into them. Appreciate your comment.

Yeah just noticed that pharmacy a few weeks ago.

There's also a pharmacy that opened inside super cao Nguyen in maybe the last 6 months. That one had a pallet of 25 lb bags of rice parked over there, they had a 'transfer a prescription to the new pharmacy' promo where u'd receive a free 25 lb bag of rice when you transfered a prescription.

Doubt you'll see that level of creativity at the chain pharmacies 🤣

Yeah, this became my family's new pharmacy several months ago. Owner is super helpful. The level of care given to my elderly parents is what did it for me.

Thread Information