Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

1. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Whatever happened to Catch22?
    I still follow him on social and message with him occasionally. He seems to be doing fine. I think he’s just a bit tired of the board. Happens to me from time to time myself.

Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I still follow him on social and message with him occasionally. He seems to be doing fine. I think he’s just a bit tired of the board. Happens to me from time to time myself.
    Yep.

United being United. AA and SW continue their growth trajectories. https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

United in OKC is baffling. I wonder if Delta has any growth plans for OU’s entry into the SEC or if there will be enough traffic to warrant anything?

Stagnant growth, unfortunately. If you can call it growth. You have 2 of the big 4 that don't value OKC, which means the other 2 can neglect OKC in the future because we have no alternatives.

6. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Maybe they'll notice OKC as being one of the top job growth cities in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Stagnant growth, unfortunately. If you can call it growth. You have 2 of the big 4 that don't value OKC, which means the other 2 can neglect OKC in the future because we have no alternatives.
    How many flights have you taken from OKC since Jan. 2024 to help grow the passenger counts (which is what drives expanded routes)?

Quote Originally Posted by DelCamino View Post
    How many flights have you taken from OKC since Jan. 2024 to help grow the passenger counts (which is what drives expanded routes)?
    3 so far. But I'm also a 33 year old.

And that is not a fair question to ask. Nice try, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    3 so far. But I'm also a 33 year old.
    And that is not a fair question to ask. Nice try, though.
    Whatever that’s supposed to mean…

From the Will Rogers FB page today…

“March 2024 set a new record for passenger numbers at WRWA! With a total of 362,173 passengers, it surpassed the previous record set in March 2019, which was 353,647 passengers. This increase in passenger traffic is indicative of the airport's growing popularity and importance as a transportation hub! Got to https://flyokc.com/march-2024-passen...previous-years for the full report.”

Quote Originally Posted by DelCamino View Post
    From the Will Rogers FB page today…

“March 2024 set a new record for passenger numbers at WRWA! With a total of 362,173 passengers, it surpassed the previous record set in March 2019, which was 353,647 passengers. This increase in passenger traffic is indicative of the airport's growing popularity and importance as a transportation hub! Got to https://flyokc.com/march-2024-passen...previous-years for the full report.”
    Awesome!

I have no doubt that OKC will continue to grow as a city and metro, and get better, but it's still important to enjoy these good times. The increased traffic is validation of the strength of our economy and our growing status as a destination for travelers.

12. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I just don't understand airline scheduling. My wife just got back from flying SWA from Denver to Orlando and said the planes both ways were less than half full. Yet, l can't tell you the last time l flew Denver to OKC and there were any empty seats - and l am there almost monthly.

13. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

March

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

The Frontier numbers continue to impress. that being said, for the past few weeks they have had a pretty stout expansion, yet no new routes to/from OKC. Hopefully that will change soon

3.19% growth is by no means “stagnant”. That’s huge.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    3.19% growth is by no means “stagnant”. That’s huge.
    I posted that after the February report was shown. I hadn't seen March yet. OKC's growth is limited with no new routes or frequencies or larger planes.

Until Boeing pulls its head out of its butt, the most likely airlines that are going to get enough planes soon to add more routes is Delta and Frontier. Southwest and Alaska's stubbornness of only being a Boeing shop is going to kill their growth for the next decade. United and American have finally started to see the light by finally be willing to lease or buy additional Airbus planes but it will still takes years before they get those planes. Our next best hope is that Spirit or Air Canada come to OKC. Jetblue won't be coming to OKC for a long time if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolChad View Post
    Until Boeing pulls its head out of its butt, the most likely airlines that are going to get enough planes soon to add more routes is Delta and Frontier. Southwest and Alaska's stubbornness of only being a Boeing shop is going to kill their growth for the next decade. United and American have finally started to see the light by finally be willing to lease or buy additional Airbus planes but it will still takes years before they get those planes. Our next best hope is that Spirit or Air Canada come to OKC. Jetblue won't be coming to OKC for a long time if ever.
    That's a hot take that is both highly overdramatic and very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolChad View Post
    Jetblue won't be coming to OKC for a long time if ever.
    Agree. They have been downsizing in many markets, especially in mid-America. They just pulled out of Kansas City entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Agree. They have been downsizing in many markets, especially in mid-America. They just pulled out of Kansas City entirely.
    It’s unfortunate, but they’re a trash operation these days. Maybe the new “leadership” can turn things around, but I have my doubts.

My company put up a new camera that faces the airport. I get to watch all the diverts to DFW come in now. You know how excited this camera makes me ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240426_191247571.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	5.09 MB 
ID:	18795Click image for larger version. 

ID:	18795

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    My company put up a new camera that faces the airport. I get to watch all the diverts to DFW come in now. You know how excited this camera makes me ? Click image for larger version. 

ID:	18795Click image for larger version. 

ID:	18795
    Love seeing the international airlines when they divert.

One of OKC's largest carriers....

Southwest Airlines is considering changes to its quirky boarding and seating practices
    https://apnews.com/article/southwest...c9c49903a24b3d

Personally, I like the current select-a-seat process and all seats being essentially the same. You are almost guaranteed an aisle or window seat if you are in the A or B boarding group. I like that Southwest has avoided the "nickle and diming" approach other carriers have done for bags, legroom, aisles, ch
    oose your seat, etc.

Southwest has always prided themselves on being different, I hope that remains.

23. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post

Southwest Airlines is considering changes to its quirky boarding and seating practices

Personally, I like the current select-a-seat process and all seats being essentially the same. You are almost guaranteed an aisle or window seat if you are in the A or B boarding group. I like that Southwest has avoided the "nickle and diming" approach other carriers have done for bags, legroom, aisles, ch
    oose your seat, etc.

I agree, but am much more protective about keeping bags free--that really helps when traveling as a family--saves me over $100 each time we fly.

24. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

oose your seat, etc.

I virtually never fly SW because I can't select my seat. And when I do I pay for A. Still hate it. Secondary reason is you can't get extra legroom. If they change these things I would consider flying them more.

oose your seat, etc.

same. I like it

Thread Information