Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Hard to get massive growth when there are minimal changes from last year. Not many larger planes or new routes, or even additional frequencies. This year, if there are no changes, will be almost stagnant.

Quote Originally Posted by CPin405 View Post
    Here is January's Enplanement report: https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

Looks like modest growth from last January, 2.70% higher. Southwest (and Frontier of all airlines) leading the way. Not crazy growth, but growth nonetheless.
    Glad to see Frontier doing well. Super cheap flights to Denver and Vegas. Hopefully they add another route or at least up the frequency.

3. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Had nice flights from OKC to LAX and back this past weekend on AA. Full flights each way

Quote Originally Posted by CPin405 View Post
    Here is January's Enplanement report: https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

Looks like modest growth from last January, 2.70% higher. Southwest (and Frontier of all airlines) leading the way. Not crazy growth, but growth nonetheless.
    Wonder what's up with alaska

Quote Originally Posted by okcrun View Post
    Glad to see Frontier doing well. Super cheap flights to Denver and Vegas. Hopefully they add another route or at least up the frequency.
    Wish we could get Frontier back at TUL. Loved their cheap Denver flights, and they brought the average Denver fare down for Southwest and United. Same for Vegas. At one time pre-Covid Frontier had flights from TUL to SAN, LAS, DEN, SAT and IAD..

6. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Wonder what's up with alaska
    It is a little eye opening. I will say, Alaska's fares lately have been really expensive so maybe that had something to do with people looking at other options. I'm looking at fares for July and from Wednesday to Sunday, it's $1352.40 roundtrip for two! I might have to find alternate routes up there

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    It is a little eye opening. I will say, Alaska's fares lately have been really expensive so maybe that had something to do with people looking at other options. I'm looking at fares for July and from Wednesday to Sunday, it's $1352.40 roundtrip for two! I might have to find alternate routes up there
    that's high-ish. $400 round trip for coach on a legacy seems to be the norm

About Alaska, did they have to cancel flights because of the 737max 9 / 900 debacle and the following Faa stoppage ?

A couple of cancelled round trip would match the difference in pasengers.

9. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

good point
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

A quick glance,looks like Alaska had 5 cancelled flights in January.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Hard to get massive growth when there are minimal changes from last year. Not many larger planes or new routes, or even additional frequencies. This year, if there are no changes, will be almost stagnant.
    I'd blame the airport director.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I'd blame the airport director.
    Awe, I'm living rent free, still! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Awe, I'm living rent free, still! Thank you!
    Do I get a prize for the next time I guess your identity after being banned?

The extent to which we are underserved is getting slightly concerning

15. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

To channel Catch, by the lack of new routes or increased frequency shows the airlines think we are right where we need to be. It is a bit annoying thought to see new routes from all sorts of sizes of cities. Frontier and Allegiant had pretty big route expansions over the last few weeks and us and Tulsa were still left out. Not a ton of domestic expansion out of legacy carriers tho. The only real big one has been delta capturing some of the lost routes from Austin. Still hoping AA brings back PHL soon.

Quote Originally Posted by oktxatty View Post
    Hatch Early Mood Food opening at WRWA. No specifc date was mentioned, but their banner is up in the terminal covering the entry location.

This is one of six planned new Hatch locations the Provisions Concepts group will be opening in '24.
    Airport location opened yesterday February 20th.

Anecdotal for sure, but last weekend's OKC-DCA flight was full as appeared OKC-LGA, and coming back DCA-OKC full. Any hope for OKC-BOS????

American phasing out all 50 seater jets by 2030. Large order of jets to help with up-gauging routes. https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...ng-737-max-10/

Flew RT OKC=>ORD=>BTV mid-January for $570. Need to do it again Mid-March. $1337. WTH airlines? Virtually same days and itinerary.

That is the Monday of spring break, depending on when in mid-March you're going.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    American phasing out all 50 seater jets by 2030. Large order of jets to help with up-gauging routes. https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...ng-737-max-10/
    Excellent news to get Embraer to replace the CRJ. When I moved to OKC it was crj 200 and embraer 145 in all the directions. Then we got these Emb 170/5 and 190/5, what a change.

Nice support from AA to order Max 10 but as this point it just throwing money in a wishing well.

$316 Million Will Be Spent On Upgrading Oklahoma's Airports

https://simpleflying.com/316-million...omas-airports/

Whatever happened to Catch22?

24. Cool Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Looks like OKC is serious about adding international flights: https://simpleflying.com/oklahoma-ci...nal-expansion/.

They mentioned Mexico, Central America, and Caribbean as destinations OKC is already working with the airlines; and that OKC has Mexico and Guatemalan Consulates. I could easily see 5-weekly OKC-MEX, and at least 1-weekly, seasonal OKC-CUN and OKC-PVR. Would we have enough for Guatemala City or would Aeromexico or Viva do OKC-MEX-GUA?

Would be lovely if we could see a reincarnation of Great Plains Airlines to feed OKC's Int'l flights (this time, just have OKC as the hub).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Would be lovely if we could see a reincarnation of Great Plains Airlines to feed OKC's Int'l flights (this time, just have OKC as the hub).
    Extremely unlikely we will ever see anything like GPA again. I wish we had regional airlines and I think the routes they had like OKC-ABQ, OKC-COS, TUL-BNA, etc would work but it just isn’t going to happen.

Thread Information