Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

1. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I noticed on AA that the 3x daily service to PHX is getting equipment upgrades to E170s. Not mad about that.

Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Why not fly 1x LGA and 1x BOS? With the AA flights 4x/daily to NYC is too much capacity
    Evidently they disagree. They don't just do things like that for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Why not fly 1x LGA and 1x BOS? With the AA flights 4x/daily to NYC is too much capacity
    Only a small percentage of people are traveling to the hub city, despite being at the same airport, the two airlines practically operate different hubs there.

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    It's loaded on delta.com. Looks like a morning and early afternoon departure. Mixed between a EMB-175 and crj-900
    We have done the OKC-LGA trip several times now and have several planned this year. The times are fantastic for a three day weekend in NYC for a show or concert. We are seeing Billy Joel in June at Madison again. There by noon and depart late afternoon. Prices have been decent.

5. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    I noticed on AA that the 3x daily service to PHX is getting equipment upgrades to E170s. Not mad about that.
    There have also been times they've thrown in an A319. I'd really like this route to get rid of the CRJ aircraft. More times than not they park the OKC-bound CRJs at the few non-jetway gates, and we get the furthest one at that. I hate that. Hopefully the E170s get an actual gate in PHX. United is notorious in DEN for doing this for the OKC flights on the smaller regional jets. It's infuriating-- walking past an RJ going to Salina or Fargo at a gate that could handle a mainline and walking to the furthest RJ gate and still walking 200 yards outside to get to the OKC-bound plane. First world problems, but still.

I do a fair amount of business in CA, so seflishly would like to see UA restore SFO and LAX.

SW returning to DAL would be nice especially as connections are far less time-consuming than AA via DFW, but AA options for Int'l flights there is a big plus.

I'm less optimistic there will be a significant increase at OKC regarding new destinations, more like an increase in capacity on existing routes. BOS would be great, though.

I don't mind the EMB's, but can we please ditch those CRJ's from OKC !!!

Hatch Early Mood Food opening at WRWA. No specifc date was mentioned, but their banner is up in the terminal covering the entry location.

This is one of six planned new Hatch locations the Provisions Concepts group will be opening in '24.

8. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

^^^^^^^^^
    Provision won’t be operating the Hatch at the airport. Like all of the locally-themed shops and restaurants there, they’ve instead licensed the use of their marks, concept, recipes and other IP to the vendor who operates ALL of the shops and eateries at WRWA. They’ll continue to be consulted but it won’t be a burden to them in any way operationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Provision won’t be operating the Hatch at the airport. Like all of the locally-themed shops and restaurants there, they’ve instead licensed the use of their marks, concept, recipes and other IP to the vendor who operates ALL of the shops and eateries at WRWA. They’ll continue to be consulted but it won’t be a burden to them in any way operationally.
    I haven't eaten at WRWA in years, if not over a decade (and obviously not at any of the new places). Does this arrangement impact the quality or types of offerings at the airport locations? How strict are the licensing entities at enforcing the same quality that you get at one of their "real" restaurants?

10. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Those are good questions to which I don’t have a first-hand informed answer. I know several of the operators who have licensed their local brands, but the only one who I’ve spoken with about this particular arrangement was a retailer, not a F&B owner.

The retailer was extremely happy with the relationship, and their stores are incredibly detail-focused and driven by a very specific in-store character. They indicated that Paradies (the WRWA operator) was very conscientious from an execution standpoint, and that they (the retailer) would have continuing input relative to merchandising and operations.

They also indicated that the local restaurant partners they had spoken with were similarly happy.

So it seems to me that Paradies is very committed to being true to the brands they are licensing, which makes sense. Why commit to this approach without taking care of the brands’ respective reputations? Doing otherwise would doom the concept.

It’s worth noting that WRWA is far from the only airport with this concept in place. Paradies specializes in this business model, and seem to have it down to an art form at this point.

When did WRWA switch from Delaware North to Paradies? I think Paradies is the main reason there has been a huge improvement. I wish they would takeover F&B operations at TUL which look like WRWA 5 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I haven't eaten at WRWA in years, if not over a decade (and obviously not at any of the new places). Does this arrangement impact the quality or types of offerings at the airport locations? How strict are the licensing entities at enforcing the same quality that you get at one of their "real" restaurants?
    I bet it will never be a one for one comparison with the higher end places, but hopefully close.

Off topic, but the whole Chick Fil A debate comes into mind. I wonder if Chick Fil A got into this kind of agreement, they would force them to close on Sundays since that kind of makes up their brand?

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I bet it will never be a one for one comparison with the higher end places, but hopefully close.

Off topic, but the whole Chick Fil A debate comes into mind. I wonder if Chick Fil A got into this kind of agreement, they would force them to close on Sundays since that kind of makes up their brand?
    IIRC, the CFA at Love Field is operated by an outside firm and is closed on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post

The authority runs the NY Thruway is having it out with Chick-fil-A right now about it and might require them to open on Sundays or take it to court with getting them out. Not sure what’s going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    The authority runs the NY Thruway is having it out with Chick-fil-A right now about it and might require them to open on Sundays or take it to court with getting them out. Not sure what’s going to happen.
    the court will not end up liking the blatant religious discrimination that is going on in that case ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the court will not end up liking the blatant religious discrimination that is going on in that case ..
    It can also be viewed in a completely non-religious way-
    The turnpike wants to make sure travelers on the 5th busiest road in the country have a same number of options no matter the day they are traveling. And if a business cannot meet the goals, then they just shouldn't place a bid.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    It can also be viewed in a completely non-religious way-
    The turnpike wants to make sure travelers on the 5th busiest road in the country have a same number of options no matter the day they are traveling. And if a business cannot meet the goals, then they just shouldn't place a bid.
    I mean, CFA isn't starving. Have billions and billions in revenues. And whoever does business with them has to know their business model, and that they don't change for anyone, aside from the Mercedes Benz Stadium location.

Hard to plead ignorance or breach of contract when their model and strategy is among the most well-known in the universe. CFA wouldn't sign any agreement that forced them to be open 7 days a week. I've worked with them. They are VERY strict about that policy, and it won't change.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/bu...ome-the-latest

Tulsa really is likely to mess around and get an international flight before OKC...

Be happy for Tulsa then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Be happy for Tulsa then.
    Nah. It would be at the expense of OKC getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    You are probably wrong if you believe it is either or. It appears Tulsa will though have international service before OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    You are probably wrong if you believe it is either or. It appears Tulsa will though have international service before OKC.
    It looks like all it saying is that they are building an addition to the terminal to be able to host international flights..OKC already had the same thing done when they added the new terminal so it appears as though you are wrong but you could be right

I’d rather Tulsa get Cancun if it means Oklahoma City might get something like Guadalajara or Mexico City or Monterrey. If it *must* be a tourist heavy coastal area in Mexico, Puerto Vallarta or Los Cabos or Puerto Escondido/Oaxaca.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicthunder View Post
    It looks like all it saying is that they are building an addition to the terminal to be able to host international flights..OKC already had the same thing done when they added the new terminal so it appears as though you are wrong but you could be right
    I don't even think the customs center has staff yet. And we've heard nothing about any future routes.

And that article reads as one had already been secured for Tulsa, just can't be announced until the customs center is built. OKC has nothing like that ready to announce, and the customs center has been ready for years.

And that article reads as one had already been secured for Tulsa, just can't be announced until the customs center is built.
    i don't think that is how it reads at all ..... more hopes and dreams ..

Thread Information