Widgets Magazine

Thread: Leo's BBQ

Default Re: Leo's BBQ

This is honestly great news. Time for me to get fat

Leo was a friend of mine, way back in the early 1980's. I was sad when he passed away. Leo was a good man.

4. Default Re: Leo's BBQ

Oh man, this is the best news I heard in a while. I ate at the Homeland store a couple times and it was a WEIRD experience, having to take your ticket to the cashier and have them check you out, and then go back and pick up your food. I hope they paint the interior of their new space dark brown like their last spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Timtoomany View Post
    Oh man, this is the best news I heard in a while. I ate at the Homeland store a couple times and it was a WEIRD experience, having to take your ticket to the cashier and have them check you out, and then go back and pick up your food. I hope they paint the interior of their new space dark brown like their last spot.
    Isn't their "new space" the same as their "last spot", the same building they were in for decades before closing and having a spot at Homeland?

6. Default Re: Leo's BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Isn't their "new space" the same as their "last spot", the same building they were in for decades before closing and having a spot at Homeland?
    It is

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Leo was a friend of mine, way back in the early 1980's. I was sad when he passed away. Leo was a good man.
    Leo was a good guy. Used to run into him out at Lincoln Park playing golf. He catered an office event we had every year. The food has to be some of the most iconic in OKC. I used to come out of that place smelling like I’d been smoked. Good times.

8. Default Re: Leo's BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    I used to come out of that place smelling like I’d been smoked. Good times.
    HAHA.... Yep... Whenever I ate at Leo's the entire office knew where I had been.

9. Default Re: Leo's BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Even better news! My rule-of-thumb is that quality of BBQ joint food is inversely proportional to the quality of BBQ joint building, and Leo's had the best and worst in town respectively.

10. Default Re: Leo's BBQ

yes, great news it's coming back home. Hopefully there could be a bit of renaissance for the rest of the intersection. Maybe they could still do some sort of take-out at Homeland or ready-to-eat meals.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Building is completely painted and has a sign up - "Open - To Go Orders"

Thread Information